News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Direct carrier billing for app stores boosts transactions, increases conversion
Direct Carrier Billing is a payment option increasingly being adopted by consumers. A new whitepaper from Juniper Research and Amdocs reveals that OTT storefronts that implemented Direct Carrier Billing saw sharp increases in transaction volumes and conversion rates in 2012.
Some consumers don't own a credit card. They may be too young or prefer to manage their finances in other ways. Of those that do own a credit card, some don't like to give out those details online. For both groups, Direct Carrier Billing is an option and, according to a new whitepaper from Juniper Research and Amdocs, its use is on the rise.
The whitepaper, "Mobile Payments in the App Store Economy: Winning Strategies for Telcos", found that over-the-top (OTT) storefronts that have implemented Direct Carrier Billing, such as Google Play and Windows Phone Store, have seen sharp increases in transaction volumes, average transaction values and conversion rates.
In 2012, Amdocs processed three times more Google Play purchases over Direct Carrier Billing than in 2011. According to Rebecca Purdhomme, Amdocs product and solutions marketing vice president, the payment method helps operators grow new revenue streams by leveraging their existing billing relationship with customers.
"In the future, beyond payments, we expect operators to leverage their big data to enable personalization of various m-commerce use cases, from content discovery to coupon redemption," said Purdhomme.
Furthermore, OTT storefronts and developers can monetize demographics which either do not possess credit cards, such as younger consumers, or those who dislike giving out their credit card details online.
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...