News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Satisfaction gap between mobile and traditional websites narrowing
A recent survey of visitors to 40 of the UK's largest mobile retail websites and apps reveals that the gap in customer satisfaction between mobile and traditional retail websites is narrowing.
Customer satisfaction with traditional, desktop websites in the UK registered 74 on ForeSee's 100-point scale, compared to 72% for mobile retail websites. In just three years the gap has narrowed from today's 2-point difference from a 5-point difference three years ago.
The dwindling difference between mobile and traditional website satisfaction is clearly due to retailers' better understanding of consumer mobile use, along with consumers' rapid adoption and integration of smartphones and tablets into daily life.
Ultimately, most consumers (87%) continue to use a desktop as their main online shopping device. Just one in five shoppers are using a mobile phone, smartphone or tablet to access a retailer's website, mobile site or app. However, mobile phone users are, found ForeSee, more satisfied with their experience than destop users (77 vs 74).
According to ForeSee, "Consumers who use their mobile devices to engage and transact with companies are fairly happy doing so, and if a company is not providing a mobile experience, then it is missing out on a growing segment of customers that could otherwise make purchases and recommendations."
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...