News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Satisfaction gap between mobile and traditional websites narrowing
A recent survey of visitors to 40 of the UK's largest mobile retail websites and apps reveals that the gap in customer satisfaction between mobile and traditional retail websites is narrowing.
Customer satisfaction with traditional, desktop websites in the UK registered 74 on ForeSee's 100-point scale, compared to 72% for mobile retail websites. In just three years the gap has narrowed from today's 2-point difference from a 5-point difference three years ago.
The dwindling difference between mobile and traditional website satisfaction is clearly due to retailers' better understanding of consumer mobile use, along with consumers' rapid adoption and integration of smartphones and tablets into daily life.
Ultimately, most consumers (87%) continue to use a desktop as their main online shopping device. Just one in five shoppers are using a mobile phone, smartphone or tablet to access a retailer's website, mobile site or app. However, mobile phone users are, found ForeSee, more satisfied with their experience than destop users (77 vs 74).
According to ForeSee, "Consumers who use their mobile devices to engage and transact with companies are fairly happy doing so, and if a company is not providing a mobile experience, then it is missing out on a growing segment of customers that could otherwise make purchases and recommendations."
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...