News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Satisfaction gap between mobile and traditional websites narrowing
A recent survey of visitors to 40 of the UK's largest mobile retail websites and apps reveals that the gap in customer satisfaction between mobile and traditional retail websites is narrowing.
Customer satisfaction with traditional, desktop websites in the UK registered 74 on ForeSee's 100-point scale, compared to 72% for mobile retail websites. In just three years the gap has narrowed from today's 2-point difference from a 5-point difference three years ago.
The dwindling difference between mobile and traditional website satisfaction is clearly due to retailers' better understanding of consumer mobile use, along with consumers' rapid adoption and integration of smartphones and tablets into daily life.
Ultimately, most consumers (87%) continue to use a desktop as their main online shopping device. Just one in five shoppers are using a mobile phone, smartphone or tablet to access a retailer's website, mobile site or app. However, mobile phone users are, found ForeSee, more satisfied with their experience than destop users (77 vs 74).
According to ForeSee, "Consumers who use their mobile devices to engage and transact with companies are fairly happy doing so, and if a company is not providing a mobile experience, then it is missing out on a growing segment of customers that could otherwise make purchases and recommendations."
- Expert: How to reconnect customers
- Fiksu launches mobile audience platform
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for mobile, online reach
- Imbalanced approach to social means consumers left waiting for response
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
Featured White Papers
- B2B Marketing Automation Platforms 2015: A Marketer's Guide
This report was prepared by conducting in-depth interviews with leading vendors and industry experts....
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...