News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Satisfaction gap between mobile and traditional websites narrowing
A recent survey of visitors to 40 of the UK's largest mobile retail websites and apps reveals that the gap in customer satisfaction between mobile and traditional retail websites is narrowing.
Customer satisfaction with traditional, desktop websites in the UK registered 74 on ForeSee's 100-point scale, compared to 72% for mobile retail websites. In just three years the gap has narrowed from today's 2-point difference from a 5-point difference three years ago.
The dwindling difference between mobile and traditional website satisfaction is clearly due to retailers' better understanding of consumer mobile use, along with consumers' rapid adoption and integration of smartphones and tablets into daily life.
Ultimately, most consumers (87%) continue to use a desktop as their main online shopping device. Just one in five shoppers are using a mobile phone, smartphone or tablet to access a retailer's website, mobile site or app. However, mobile phone users are, found ForeSee, more satisfied with their experience than destop users (77 vs 74).
According to ForeSee, "Consumers who use their mobile devices to engage and transact with companies are fairly happy doing so, and if a company is not providing a mobile experience, then it is missing out on a growing segment of customers that could otherwise make purchases and recommendations."
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...