News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Constant Contact: SMBs concerned with engagement
In the small business space every customer is valued, and that fact is underlined in a new report out from Constant Contact. Researchers surveyed SMB firms and found that customer engagement is at the top of their 2013 tech focus lists for most.
Researchers found that small businesses are looking at the tools used to push customer engagement to determine if those tools are pushing engagement or not. Most (60%) believe online surveys are the best way to determine how deeply existing customers are engaged; just over half rely on digital reward/customer incentive programs.
"Eighty-two percent of small business owners have said their main source of new business is referrals, so it's no surprise they're taking a hard look at technologies that boost social visibility and feed the referral engine," said Joel Hughes, senior vice president, strategy and corporate development, Constant Contact. "To succeed, small business owners have the difficult task of keeping pace with a rapidly evolving technology landscape. When you consider that they now see digital loyalty, which was not even on the horizon a few years ago, as the second most effective way to engage customers, I think they're up to the challenge."
Meanwhile, looking ahead to how SMBs plan to up the engagement factor for 2013 just over half reported a growing interested in daily deals (53%) or online ads (51%) while just over one-third say they'll focus on online listings (38%) or social media ads (37%).
As for which platforms small businesses will use to attract both repeat and first time buyers, websites and blogs top the list as well as social media and video hosting sites.
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- How dark social can impact brand
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...