News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Constant Contact: SMBs concerned with engagement
In the small business space every customer is valued, and that fact is underlined in a new report out from Constant Contact. Researchers surveyed SMB firms and found that customer engagement is at the top of their 2013 tech focus lists for most.
Researchers found that small businesses are looking at the tools used to push customer engagement to determine if those tools are pushing engagement or not. Most (60%) believe online surveys are the best way to determine how deeply existing customers are engaged; just over half rely on digital reward/customer incentive programs.
"Eighty-two percent of small business owners have said their main source of new business is referrals, so it's no surprise they're taking a hard look at technologies that boost social visibility and feed the referral engine," said Joel Hughes, senior vice president, strategy and corporate development, Constant Contact. "To succeed, small business owners have the difficult task of keeping pace with a rapidly evolving technology landscape. When you consider that they now see digital loyalty, which was not even on the horizon a few years ago, as the second most effective way to engage customers, I think they're up to the challenge."
Meanwhile, looking ahead to how SMBs plan to up the engagement factor for 2013 just over half reported a growing interested in daily deals (53%) or online ads (51%) while just over one-third say they'll focus on online listings (38%) or social media ads (37%).
As for which platforms small businesses will use to attract both repeat and first time buyers, websites and blogs top the list as well as social media and video hosting sites.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...