News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brand safety focus of YuMe update
This week YuMe announced an update to their Placement Quality Index, with the main takeaway being increased brand safety. Through the update, brands will receive an index of the value of each ad placement.
The index values take into account brand safety violations so that sites which could be potentially harmful to a brand will have lower list values.
"By integrating brand safety data into our PQI calculations, we provide advertisers with better brand results," said Ayyappan Sankaran, Co-Founder and CTO at YuMe. "Improved PQI quite simply provides a truer value of inventory and thereby helps advertisers find their increasingly fragmented audience in the best possible digital media."
"When building a media plan for our clients we look to ensure the best possible brand performance even before the campaign launches," said Wade Rifkin, VP, Media Director at Digitas. "Brand campaign KPIs are nuanced and the marketplace doesn't offer many meaningful levers for optimization. With YuMe's PQI algorithm we can use signals at the page level that indicate the quality and efficacy of placements."
According to company data YuMe blocked about 1% of ads because of privacy violations or viewability concerns. The addition of the PQI enhancements should provide a greater chance that branded ads will be seen by the right viewers without fear of ads being placed on questionable sites.
comScore reports more than 175 million Americans watched online video in Feburary 2013; nearly 10 billion video ads were served among the 33 billion content clips. On average video ads are clocking in at 0.4 minutes each; about 23% of video views are now video ads.
Image via Shutterstock
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...