News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brand loyalty trumped by customized customer service
Brand loyalty is being trumped by customized customer service experiences, according to a new consumer survey by inContact and Harris Interactive. The findings reveal that over half of consumers would switch brands based on customer service options.
The survey of more than 2,000 U.S. adults revealed that brand loyalty is playing a lesser role in today's shopping decisions. More than half (56%) of respondents said they would be at least somewhat likely to switch brands if offered more ways in which to connect.
It is no longer enough for a brand to provide just an 1-800 number, in fact, for 68% of respondents brands with only this contact option appear outdated. Instead, 86% expect brands to offer multiple options to interact with customer service, along with flexible timing to enable engagement when it's convenient for them.
This expectation, while dominant across all ages, was found to be significantly increased among age groups under 55 years of age.
"The survey results are clear: consumers have more choices and more ways to interact with business today. The smartest companies are quickly adapting to changing consumer behaviors and needs, extending customer service beyond just phone and email to mobile apps, text messaging, chat and social media." said Paul Jarman, CEO of inContact.
Other findings from the survey include:
- 25% of U.S. consumers feel no loyalty toward any brand;
- 70% say that mobile apps are an important option for brands to offer;
- Women are 10% less likely than men to feel loyal toward a brand.
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...