News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brand loyalty trumped by customized customer service
Brand loyalty is being trumped by customized customer service experiences, according to a new consumer survey by inContact and Harris Interactive. The findings reveal that over half of consumers would switch brands based on customer service options.
The survey of more than 2,000 U.S. adults revealed that brand loyalty is playing a lesser role in today's shopping decisions. More than half (56%) of respondents said they would be at least somewhat likely to switch brands if offered more ways in which to connect.
It is no longer enough for a brand to provide just an 1-800 number, in fact, for 68% of respondents brands with only this contact option appear outdated. Instead, 86% expect brands to offer multiple options to interact with customer service, along with flexible timing to enable engagement when it's convenient for them.
This expectation, while dominant across all ages, was found to be significantly increased among age groups under 55 years of age.
"The survey results are clear: consumers have more choices and more ways to interact with business today. The smartest companies are quickly adapting to changing consumer behaviors and needs, extending customer service beyond just phone and email to mobile apps, text messaging, chat and social media." said Paul Jarman, CEO of inContact.
Other findings from the survey include:
- 25% of U.S. consumers feel no loyalty toward any brand;
- 70% say that mobile apps are an important option for brands to offer;
- Women are 10% less likely than men to feel loyal toward a brand.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...