News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Bill payments migrating from desktop to tablet
A new report from Juniper Research reveals the numbers of people using tablets to pay bills online is set to soar come 2017.
The massive rise in tablet adoption and a growing acceptance of "push" mobile banking is fuelling more consumers to use their slates to pay bills. According to Juniper's report, "Mobile Banking: Handset & Tablet Market Strategies 2013-2017", within the next four years 19% of tablet owners will carry out this activity on their device compared to the 9% that currently do so.
The payment of bills via tablets is expected to outweigh mobile banking transactions through smartphones, the report finds, thanks to their larger screens and better portability than laptops.
"With online payments accounting for a significant proportion of all bill payments, especially in developed markets, BPP (Bill Presentment and Payment) transactions will indeed migrate from the desktop toward tablet devices," said report author, Nitin Bhas. "Consumers often prefer managing bill payment and transactions via tablet devices compared to smartphones."
The study also revealed mobile banking users will top one billion by 2017, accounting for 15% of global mobile handset users. The developed markets of East Asia and China, North America and Western Europe will boast the highest penetration by 2017.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...