News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Bill payments migrating from desktop to tablet
A new report from Juniper Research reveals the numbers of people using tablets to pay bills online is set to soar come 2017.
The massive rise in tablet adoption and a growing acceptance of "push" mobile banking is fuelling more consumers to use their slates to pay bills. According to Juniper's report, "Mobile Banking: Handset & Tablet Market Strategies 2013-2017", within the next four years 19% of tablet owners will carry out this activity on their device compared to the 9% that currently do so.
The payment of bills via tablets is expected to outweigh mobile banking transactions through smartphones, the report finds, thanks to their larger screens and better portability than laptops.
"With online payments accounting for a significant proportion of all bill payments, especially in developed markets, BPP (Bill Presentment and Payment) transactions will indeed migrate from the desktop toward tablet devices," said report author, Nitin Bhas. "Consumers often prefer managing bill payment and transactions via tablet devices compared to smartphones."
The study also revealed mobile banking users will top one billion by 2017, accounting for 15% of global mobile handset users. The developed markets of East Asia and China, North America and Western Europe will boast the highest penetration by 2017.
- Seniors unhappy with stereotypes used in advertising
- Top 3 SaaS myths debunked
- Traits independent retailers need to compete
- Report illustrates traditional vs. digital media consumption
- New tool to optimize, monitor content
- Study: Privacy concerns high for wearable tech
- Internet of Things not just for the tech-savvy
- Retale: 73% of parents to use mobile for back-to-school shopping
Featured White Papers
- Top 12 Marketing Tips for the Holidays
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? Though the holidays might seem far away, leading retailers will start preparing for the...
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...