News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are your online surveys mobile-friendly?
It's all about optimizing for mobile in today's on-the-go world. But, what about online surveys? According to SurveyGizmo's latest benchmark report, a significant rise in the number of surveys completed on a mobile device means they need a mobile makeover, too.
It's no longer acceptable to assume that your customers will complete a survey on their laptop or desktop computer. People are increasingly using their smartphones or tablets to complete this task.
During the twelve months to December 2012, online survey software firm SurveyGizmo found a 107% increase in the number of surveys completed on a mobile device. However, few of those companies distributing online surveys have bothered to implement changes or technology to make those surveys mobile-friendly.
"Designing surveys for mobile devices isn't just about designing for a smaller screen - it's about leveraging new technologies and adapting your techniques for mobile devices in a way that creates a simple, engaging experience," writes Marni Zapin on the SurveyGizmo blog.
One way to ensure mobile users get the best survey experience on their smaller screens is to implement tools that detect on which device a survey is being taken.
Other steps that can be taken to mobile-optimize surveys include:
Here are some of our suggestions for adjusting your survey for mobile survey takers:
- Keep any branding or images small so they don't take long to download or crowd the screen;
- Keep the survey short and simple for busy, on-the-go, mobile users;
- Keep interactive questions to a minimum instead using drag-and-drop, drop-down menu, slider, or spinner question formats.
For more ways in which to mobile-optimize your online surveys, check out the SurveyGizmo blog.
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...