News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
App revenues to hit all time high in 2013
There are hundreds of thousands of apps available from iOS and Android app stores and, if Gartner's forecasts are correct, 2013 will be the year global app revenues hit an all time high.
According to the Wall Street Journal's coverage of a new Gartner study, global app revenues will reach the heady heights of $25 billion this year - a 62% rise on 2012.
With over 700,000 apps available from the top two app stores alone, Apple's App Store and Google Play, it's not surprising to learn from the Wall Street Journal's article, that mobile users today spend, on average, 2 hours interacting with apps each day.
Gartner found that almost two-thirds (63%) of apps used daily differ from those used 12 months ago. However, despite the changing demands, established app publishers continue to dominate.
This echoes recent findings from app analytics firm, Distimo, that showed the majority of the top apps are released by existing, established publishers. Just 2% are new. Furthermore, in the case of the App Store, just 0.25% of revenue generated goes to new apps.
"Generating $1 million in revenue has been a tougher task," says Distimo, "with "only a few" titles reaching this milestone in the first one month of availability. The fastest new revenue-generating apps, Angry Birds Star Wars, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Temple Run 2, all come from an existing franchise."
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...