News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adfonic: CTRs from tablets outperform smartphones
Whether it's direct response or a branding campaign, new research from Adfonic reveals that mobile advertising click-through rates via tablets far exceed those on smartphones.
Adfonic's latest AdSnap report reveals that click-through-rates on tablets far exceed those on smartphones by 250%.
Furthermore, tablets were found to outperform smartphones for direct response campaigns (such as cost per acquisition CPA, per click CPC, or per impression CPI), but significantly stronger for branding campaigns based around cost per thousand impressions (CPM).
"Our latest AdMetrics Report showed that tablets had slowly but surely penetrated across Adfonic's smarter buying platform, particularly driven by the festive season, said Victor Malachard, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder, Adfonic. "This new AdSnap analysis demonstrates that tablets are outperforming smartphones in many scenarios - but that there remains a distinct role for smartphone campaigns planned and executed to complement their larger cousins."
Smartphones remain stronger than tablets for some categories such as FMCG and retail, but tablets reign for advertisers in the lifestyle, fashion, entertainment and travel verticals.
In addition to the above performance findings, Adfonic also provided some interesting details about the daily use profiles of smartphone and tablet users. Tablet users are more active in the evening and clicking more throughout the day whereas smartphone users are more active and more likely to click on ads in the early hours of the morning, perhaps due to the proximity of their smartphone to their bed. According to research by Pew, 90% of 18-25 year old mobile users sleep with their smartphone by, or in, their bed.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...