News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adfonic: CTRs from tablets outperform smartphones
Whether it's direct response or a branding campaign, new research from Adfonic reveals that mobile advertising click-through rates via tablets far exceed those on smartphones.
Adfonic's latest AdSnap report reveals that click-through-rates on tablets far exceed those on smartphones by 250%.
Furthermore, tablets were found to outperform smartphones for direct response campaigns (such as cost per acquisition CPA, per click CPC, or per impression CPI), but significantly stronger for branding campaigns based around cost per thousand impressions (CPM).
"Our latest AdMetrics Report showed that tablets had slowly but surely penetrated across Adfonic's smarter buying platform, particularly driven by the festive season, said Victor Malachard, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder, Adfonic. "This new AdSnap analysis demonstrates that tablets are outperforming smartphones in many scenarios - but that there remains a distinct role for smartphone campaigns planned and executed to complement their larger cousins."
Smartphones remain stronger than tablets for some categories such as FMCG and retail, but tablets reign for advertisers in the lifestyle, fashion, entertainment and travel verticals.
In addition to the above performance findings, Adfonic also provided some interesting details about the daily use profiles of smartphone and tablet users. Tablet users are more active in the evening and clicking more throughout the day whereas smartphone users are more active and more likely to click on ads in the early hours of the morning, perhaps due to the proximity of their smartphone to their bed. According to research by Pew, 90% of 18-25 year old mobile users sleep with their smartphone by, or in, their bed.
Image via Shutterstock
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
- Trends to watch for video in 2017
- 78% of over-55s uncomfortable with concept of stores run by robots
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...