News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adfonic: CTRs from tablets outperform smartphones
Whether it's direct response or a branding campaign, new research from Adfonic reveals that mobile advertising click-through rates via tablets far exceed those on smartphones.
Adfonic's latest AdSnap report reveals that click-through-rates on tablets far exceed those on smartphones by 250%.
Furthermore, tablets were found to outperform smartphones for direct response campaigns (such as cost per acquisition CPA, per click CPC, or per impression CPI), but significantly stronger for branding campaigns based around cost per thousand impressions (CPM).
"Our latest AdMetrics Report showed that tablets had slowly but surely penetrated across Adfonic's smarter buying platform, particularly driven by the festive season, said Victor Malachard, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder, Adfonic. "This new AdSnap analysis demonstrates that tablets are outperforming smartphones in many scenarios - but that there remains a distinct role for smartphone campaigns planned and executed to complement their larger cousins."
Smartphones remain stronger than tablets for some categories such as FMCG and retail, but tablets reign for advertisers in the lifestyle, fashion, entertainment and travel verticals.
In addition to the above performance findings, Adfonic also provided some interesting details about the daily use profiles of smartphone and tablet users. Tablet users are more active in the evening and clicking more throughout the day whereas smartphone users are more active and more likely to click on ads in the early hours of the morning, perhaps due to the proximity of their smartphone to their bed. According to research by Pew, 90% of 18-25 year old mobile users sleep with their smartphone by, or in, their bed.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...