News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adfonic: CTRs from tablets outperform smartphones
Whether it's direct response or a branding campaign, new research from Adfonic reveals that mobile advertising click-through rates via tablets far exceed those on smartphones.
Adfonic's latest AdSnap report reveals that click-through-rates on tablets far exceed those on smartphones by 250%.
Furthermore, tablets were found to outperform smartphones for direct response campaigns (such as cost per acquisition CPA, per click CPC, or per impression CPI), but significantly stronger for branding campaigns based around cost per thousand impressions (CPM).
"Our latest AdMetrics Report showed that tablets had slowly but surely penetrated across Adfonic's smarter buying platform, particularly driven by the festive season, said Victor Malachard, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder, Adfonic. "This new AdSnap analysis demonstrates that tablets are outperforming smartphones in many scenarios - but that there remains a distinct role for smartphone campaigns planned and executed to complement their larger cousins."
Smartphones remain stronger than tablets for some categories such as FMCG and retail, but tablets reign for advertisers in the lifestyle, fashion, entertainment and travel verticals.
In addition to the above performance findings, Adfonic also provided some interesting details about the daily use profiles of smartphone and tablet users. Tablet users are more active in the evening and clicking more throughout the day whereas smartphone users are more active and more likely to click on ads in the early hours of the morning, perhaps due to the proximity of their smartphone to their bed. According to research by Pew, 90% of 18-25 year old mobile users sleep with their smartphone by, or in, their bed.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...