News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adfonic: CTRs from tablets outperform smartphones
Whether it's direct response or a branding campaign, new research from Adfonic reveals that mobile advertising click-through rates via tablets far exceed those on smartphones.
Adfonic's latest AdSnap report reveals that click-through-rates on tablets far exceed those on smartphones by 250%.
Furthermore, tablets were found to outperform smartphones for direct response campaigns (such as cost per acquisition CPA, per click CPC, or per impression CPI), but significantly stronger for branding campaigns based around cost per thousand impressions (CPM).
"Our latest AdMetrics Report showed that tablets had slowly but surely penetrated across Adfonic's smarter buying platform, particularly driven by the festive season, said Victor Malachard, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder, Adfonic. "This new AdSnap analysis demonstrates that tablets are outperforming smartphones in many scenarios - but that there remains a distinct role for smartphone campaigns planned and executed to complement their larger cousins."
Smartphones remain stronger than tablets for some categories such as FMCG and retail, but tablets reign for advertisers in the lifestyle, fashion, entertainment and travel verticals.
In addition to the above performance findings, Adfonic also provided some interesting details about the daily use profiles of smartphone and tablet users. Tablet users are more active in the evening and clicking more throughout the day whereas smartphone users are more active and more likely to click on ads in the early hours of the morning, perhaps due to the proximity of their smartphone to their bed. According to research by Pew, 90% of 18-25 year old mobile users sleep with their smartphone by, or in, their bed.
Image via Shutterstock
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...