News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
90% of students use mobile to hunt out deals, coupons
One in five college students in the U.S. are addicted to mobile deals, according to new research conducted by Study Breaks and Campus2Careers, with the majority of students overall using their mobile devices to look for deals and coupons.
Students rely heavily on their mobile devices to socialize and communicate. Ninety-one percent use their mobile to check and compose email and 68% "check in" with social media through their device.
The vast majority (87%) have their mobile with them at all times.
Increasingly, students are using their mobiles to seek out money-saving deals and coupons. According to the Study Breaks and Campus2Careers survey of 689 U.S. college students, 51% use their mobile device to "always" (20%) or "often" (31%) seek out deals and coupons. Just 10% said they "never" did so.
"What this all means is that, like it or not, mobile devices are an extension of college students--a practical limb--and it's crucial that businesses take advantage of this," says Study Breaks in a recent announcement. "To do this, a business should develop mobile marketing tactics and a mobile site to increase interactivity and reach potential college students at any time via the one form of media that they never put down: their mobile device."
Other key findings from the survey include:
-40% prefer mobile-optimized sites;
-91% use their mobile to check/compose email;
-93% use their mobile to search for business information;
-32% use their mobile for visiting business websites, while 68% use their laptops;
-46% use their mobile to scan QR codes in a print ad;
-53% read magazines on their mobile devices.
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
- Top tips to improve ad performance
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...