News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
90% of students use mobile to hunt out deals, coupons
One in five college students in the U.S. are addicted to mobile deals, according to new research conducted by Study Breaks and Campus2Careers, with the majority of students overall using their mobile devices to look for deals and coupons.
Students rely heavily on their mobile devices to socialize and communicate. Ninety-one percent use their mobile to check and compose email and 68% "check in" with social media through their device.
The vast majority (87%) have their mobile with them at all times.
Increasingly, students are using their mobiles to seek out money-saving deals and coupons. According to the Study Breaks and Campus2Careers survey of 689 U.S. college students, 51% use their mobile device to "always" (20%) or "often" (31%) seek out deals and coupons. Just 10% said they "never" did so.
"What this all means is that, like it or not, mobile devices are an extension of college students--a practical limb--and it's crucial that businesses take advantage of this," says Study Breaks in a recent announcement. "To do this, a business should develop mobile marketing tactics and a mobile site to increase interactivity and reach potential college students at any time via the one form of media that they never put down: their mobile device."
Other key findings from the survey include:
-40% prefer mobile-optimized sites;
-91% use their mobile to check/compose email;
-93% use their mobile to search for business information;
-32% use their mobile for visiting business websites, while 68% use their laptops;
-46% use their mobile to scan QR codes in a print ad;
-53% read magazines on their mobile devices.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...