News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
30% of top brands have dedicated customer service account on Twitter
New research from social media analytics firm Simply Measured reveals that it's not only Facebook being used by top brands to bolster customer service. Twitter, too, is a popular platform on which almost a third of brands now have dedicated customer service accounts.
Among the Interbrand Top 100 brands, 30% now have accounts on Twitter that are purely for customer service interactions. Those 30 brands were found to have received more than 198,000 inbound Tweets in the last quarter and send out over 82,000 responses.
But, why are brands using a separate account from their main Twitter presence? Perhaps as a way of keeping negative activity away from the primary account. At the end of the day, the reason for so many brands adopting Twitter as a customer service platform is that they are able to quickly resolve issues.
Top of the brands using Twitter for customer service are Ford and Nike, both of which reply to more than 70% of inbound Tweets. However, the average response rate was 45%, found Simply Measured and just 10% of the dedicated customer service accounts had a response time of less than an hour.
"With more and more consumers using Twitter to get help and make decisions, it's important for brands to maintain an open communication channel and measure their customer service efficacy," said Adam Schoenfeld, CEO of Simply Measured. "Top companies are paying attention to that and investing to respond and support their customers on Twitter."
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...