News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
30% of top brands have dedicated customer service account on Twitter
New research from social media analytics firm Simply Measured reveals that it's not only Facebook being used by top brands to bolster customer service. Twitter, too, is a popular platform on which almost a third of brands now have dedicated customer service accounts.
Among the Interbrand Top 100 brands, 30% now have accounts on Twitter that are purely for customer service interactions. Those 30 brands were found to have received more than 198,000 inbound Tweets in the last quarter and send out over 82,000 responses.
But, why are brands using a separate account from their main Twitter presence? Perhaps as a way of keeping negative activity away from the primary account. At the end of the day, the reason for so many brands adopting Twitter as a customer service platform is that they are able to quickly resolve issues.
Top of the brands using Twitter for customer service are Ford and Nike, both of which reply to more than 70% of inbound Tweets. However, the average response rate was 45%, found Simply Measured and just 10% of the dedicated customer service accounts had a response time of less than an hour.
"With more and more consumers using Twitter to get help and make decisions, it's important for brands to maintain an open communication channel and measure their customer service efficacy," said Adam Schoenfeld, CEO of Simply Measured. "Top companies are paying attention to that and investing to respond and support their customers on Twitter."
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...