News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
30% of top brands have dedicated customer service account on Twitter
New research from social media analytics firm Simply Measured reveals that it's not only Facebook being used by top brands to bolster customer service. Twitter, too, is a popular platform on which almost a third of brands now have dedicated customer service accounts.
Among the Interbrand Top 100 brands, 30% now have accounts on Twitter that are purely for customer service interactions. Those 30 brands were found to have received more than 198,000 inbound Tweets in the last quarter and send out over 82,000 responses.
But, why are brands using a separate account from their main Twitter presence? Perhaps as a way of keeping negative activity away from the primary account. At the end of the day, the reason for so many brands adopting Twitter as a customer service platform is that they are able to quickly resolve issues.
Top of the brands using Twitter for customer service are Ford and Nike, both of which reply to more than 70% of inbound Tweets. However, the average response rate was 45%, found Simply Measured and just 10% of the dedicated customer service accounts had a response time of less than an hour.
"With more and more consumers using Twitter to get help and make decisions, it's important for brands to maintain an open communication channel and measure their customer service efficacy," said Adam Schoenfeld, CEO of Simply Measured. "Top companies are paying attention to that and investing to respond and support their customers on Twitter."
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...