News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
30% of top brands have dedicated customer service account on Twitter
New research from social media analytics firm Simply Measured reveals that it's not only Facebook being used by top brands to bolster customer service. Twitter, too, is a popular platform on which almost a third of brands now have dedicated customer service accounts.
Among the Interbrand Top 100 brands, 30% now have accounts on Twitter that are purely for customer service interactions. Those 30 brands were found to have received more than 198,000 inbound Tweets in the last quarter and send out over 82,000 responses.
But, why are brands using a separate account from their main Twitter presence? Perhaps as a way of keeping negative activity away from the primary account. At the end of the day, the reason for so many brands adopting Twitter as a customer service platform is that they are able to quickly resolve issues.
Top of the brands using Twitter for customer service are Ford and Nike, both of which reply to more than 70% of inbound Tweets. However, the average response rate was 45%, found Simply Measured and just 10% of the dedicated customer service accounts had a response time of less than an hour.
"With more and more consumers using Twitter to get help and make decisions, it's important for brands to maintain an open communication channel and measure their customer service efficacy," said Adam Schoenfeld, CEO of Simply Measured. "Top companies are paying attention to that and investing to respond and support their customers on Twitter."
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...