News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why Curata founder believes content will skyrocket in 2013
Throughout 2011 and 2012 brands and publishers saw content take a huge step forward as more consumers looked to the web for information. Now content is taking another step forward - into a kind of engagement potential, especially in the B2B space.
Kristina: The 2012 Curata study you mentioned yesterday found a large number of brands already moving to use content as an engaging factor. How do you think the findings may change in 2013? Might some remain the same?
Pawan Deshpande, Founder & CEO, Curata: Without a doubt, we will see the percentage of content marketing users increase, and I'm sure we'll hit nearly 100 by the end of this year. I also believe that with its ability to quickly and cost-effectively help marketers reach their goals, the use of content curation will rapidly increase.
I think we will also see the steady decline of traditional marketing strategies, such as TV / print / radio advertising with B2B marketers. While these marketing strategies will never disappear, marketers are not finding the same ROI from these programs as they did in the past. This complements the rise in content marketing overall.
Finally, I believe that measurement of content marketing programs will rise. Our survey found that 43 of respondents do not know if their content marketing strategies have actually increased inbound leads. As these programs become more sophisticated, marketers will put tangible measurement protocols into place in order to prove effectiveness and value.
Kristina: How can busy B2B marketers set themselves up to run a successful content marketing program?
Pawan: When it comes to producing the content necessary to stay relevant, there are solutions available that help marketers manage online content and turn it into the end result that they are looking for: blog post, email, newsletter, etc.. A content curation tool, like Curata's, will allow B2B marketers to successfully drive their content marketing program. You can customize and comment on the curated content and deliver it to your audience exactly when, where and how you choose.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...