News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Where mobiles are spending their time online
Two new reports, one from Millennial Media and another from eXelate, underline where mobile consumers are going online - and what they're doing once they arrive at interesting content. Here's a hint: games, fashion and streaming content top the lists.
Data from Millennial Media shows games are a hot commodity throughout their network. Through Q3 2012 'Games' was the top app category for the platform; Travel, Entertainment and Education were the top ad verticals. Nearly three-quarters (74%) of Q3 impressions were from smartphones while 23% were from tablets.
Meanwhile, eXelate has released some info showing how mobiles are using tablets during big events. Their research shows that during Super Bowl XLVII women and tablets outperformed men and computers. Mobile usage began to spike just before game coverage began, but women took the mobile reigns from the men during the Halftime show and then the power outage, staying online and remaining social about the game throughout the second half of play.
As for the type of content most interesting to mobile Super Bowl viewers, ads for personal wealth management and online streaming topped the interest list along with men's fashion, flowers and gifts and jewelry/watches.
According to data from comScore more than 125 million Americans now own smartphones with Apple holding a 36% OEM Market Share. Android, meanwhile, holds a 53% share of the smartphone platform market (December 2012). As for how mobiles are spending their time, comScore reports about half are either using downloaded apps - for shopping, gaming or information gathering - or directly navigating to content via mobile browsers.
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...