News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Where mobiles are spending their time online
Two new reports, one from Millennial Media and another from eXelate, underline where mobile consumers are going online - and what they're doing once they arrive at interesting content. Here's a hint: games, fashion and streaming content top the lists.
Data from Millennial Media shows games are a hot commodity throughout their network. Through Q3 2012 'Games' was the top app category for the platform; Travel, Entertainment and Education were the top ad verticals. Nearly three-quarters (74%) of Q3 impressions were from smartphones while 23% were from tablets.
Meanwhile, eXelate has released some info showing how mobiles are using tablets during big events. Their research shows that during Super Bowl XLVII women and tablets outperformed men and computers. Mobile usage began to spike just before game coverage began, but women took the mobile reigns from the men during the Halftime show and then the power outage, staying online and remaining social about the game throughout the second half of play.
As for the type of content most interesting to mobile Super Bowl viewers, ads for personal wealth management and online streaming topped the interest list along with men's fashion, flowers and gifts and jewelry/watches.
According to data from comScore more than 125 million Americans now own smartphones with Apple holding a 36% OEM Market Share. Android, meanwhile, holds a 53% share of the smartphone platform market (December 2012). As for how mobiles are spending their time, comScore reports about half are either using downloaded apps - for shopping, gaming or information gathering - or directly navigating to content via mobile browsers.
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
- Survey: SMBs drawing a line at Thanksgiving
- Is free enterprise search a game-changer?
- Expert: How mobile is changing customer relationships
Featured White Papers
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....