News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Vizu: 64% of advertisers plan paid social media ad spend rise
Social media is no longer a free ride for marketers. According to Vizu's recent survey of more than 500 ad agencies and advertisers, almost two-thirds (64%) plan to increase their spending on paid social advertising.
Most of the advertisers surveyed by Vizu - 89% - are engaged in non-paid social media marketing activities such as Pages, posts, Pins and Likes. Among agencies that figure is 71%. But a large number, three-quarters of advertisers and 81% of agencies, are also paying to advertise on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Vizu found that 64% of advertisers plan to spend more on social media in the future. Forty-one percent expect budgets to rise by between 1% and 10% while 11% expect to see a rise of 21%+.
Not all advertisers currently have a paid social media ad budget.
According to Nielsen's blog post on the survey, "Currently, only 41% of advertisers report having a dedicated paid social media ad budget. To fund the increase in paid social media advertising activity, the majority plan to pull budget from other channels - both on and offline".
Thirty-nine percent of advertisers said budget would be pulled from offline channels while 23% said online display and 10% from other online channels.
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...