News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Vizu: 64% of advertisers plan paid social media ad spend rise
Social media is no longer a free ride for marketers. According to Vizu's recent survey of more than 500 ad agencies and advertisers, almost two-thirds (64%) plan to increase their spending on paid social advertising.
Most of the advertisers surveyed by Vizu - 89% - are engaged in non-paid social media marketing activities such as Pages, posts, Pins and Likes. Among agencies that figure is 71%. But a large number, three-quarters of advertisers and 81% of agencies, are also paying to advertise on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Vizu found that 64% of advertisers plan to spend more on social media in the future. Forty-one percent expect budgets to rise by between 1% and 10% while 11% expect to see a rise of 21%+.
Not all advertisers currently have a paid social media ad budget.
According to Nielsen's blog post on the survey, "Currently, only 41% of advertisers report having a dedicated paid social media ad budget. To fund the increase in paid social media advertising activity, the majority plan to pull budget from other channels - both on and offline".
Thirty-nine percent of advertisers said budget would be pulled from offline channels while 23% said online display and 10% from other online channels.
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
- AdRoll: Study finds retargeting focus for most brands
- Study: Power of Hispanic shoppers growing
- Report: News, media sites opening slow in mobile
- Marin: Brands looking to integrate marketing efforts
- Nielsen sheds light on the Millennial male
- Ad RoundUp: Analysis key to releases
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...