News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Vizu: 64% of advertisers plan paid social media ad spend rise
Social media is no longer a free ride for marketers. According to Vizu's recent survey of more than 500 ad agencies and advertisers, almost two-thirds (64%) plan to increase their spending on paid social advertising.
Most of the advertisers surveyed by Vizu - 89% - are engaged in non-paid social media marketing activities such as Pages, posts, Pins and Likes. Among agencies that figure is 71%. But a large number, three-quarters of advertisers and 81% of agencies, are also paying to advertise on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Vizu found that 64% of advertisers plan to spend more on social media in the future. Forty-one percent expect budgets to rise by between 1% and 10% while 11% expect to see a rise of 21%+.
Not all advertisers currently have a paid social media ad budget.
According to Nielsen's blog post on the survey, "Currently, only 41% of advertisers report having a dedicated paid social media ad budget. To fund the increase in paid social media advertising activity, the majority plan to pull budget from other channels - both on and offline".
Thirty-nine percent of advertisers said budget would be pulled from offline channels while 23% said online display and 10% from other online channels.
- Seniors unhappy with stereotypes used in advertising
- Top 3 SaaS myths debunked
- Traits independent retailers need to compete
- Report illustrates traditional vs. digital media consumption
- New tool to optimize, monitor content
- Study: Privacy concerns high for wearable tech
- Internet of Things not just for the tech-savvy
- Retale: 73% of parents to use mobile for back-to-school shopping
Featured White Papers
- Top 12 Marketing Tips for the Holidays
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? Though the holidays might seem far away, leading retailers will start preparing for the...
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...