News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Vizu: 64% of advertisers plan paid social media ad spend rise
Social media is no longer a free ride for marketers. According to Vizu's recent survey of more than 500 ad agencies and advertisers, almost two-thirds (64%) plan to increase their spending on paid social advertising.
Most of the advertisers surveyed by Vizu - 89% - are engaged in non-paid social media marketing activities such as Pages, posts, Pins and Likes. Among agencies that figure is 71%. But a large number, three-quarters of advertisers and 81% of agencies, are also paying to advertise on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Vizu found that 64% of advertisers plan to spend more on social media in the future. Forty-one percent expect budgets to rise by between 1% and 10% while 11% expect to see a rise of 21%+.
Not all advertisers currently have a paid social media ad budget.
According to Nielsen's blog post on the survey, "Currently, only 41% of advertisers report having a dedicated paid social media ad budget. To fund the increase in paid social media advertising activity, the majority plan to pull budget from other channels - both on and offline".
Thirty-nine percent of advertisers said budget would be pulled from offline channels while 23% said online display and 10% from other online channels.
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...