News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Valentine's Day surveys reveals what lovers are getting, and what they want
In its latest Valentine's Day spending survey, the National Retail Federation found that consumers will spend slightly more this year than last while a survey from Money Talk News found that spending time with loved ones outshines physical gifts.
On average, consumers will spend about $5 more this year ($137) with total spending reaching $18.6 billion, making this loved-up day one of the largest gift-giving holidays of the year.
What are people giving?
The NRF/BIGinsight survey found that traditional gifts will be the most popular. Over half (51%) will buy candy while 36.6% will present flowers and 15.6% will buy clothing. More than a quarter (26.3%) will make their purchase online, up from 19.3% last year, while 39.6% will shop at discount stores and 33.2% at department stores.
The survey also found that 40.7% of smartphone owners will use their device to shop for gifts, while 46.9% of tablet owners will use their devices to purchase items and research gifts.
What do people want to receive?
A survey by Money Talk News (1,503 participants) found that, of traditional gift options including candy, jewelry, flowers, gift certificates and a romantic date, it was the romantic date that was most popular, with candy the least popular.
Romantic Date - 32.3%
Gift Certificate - 24.2%
Flowers - 16.4%
Jewelry - 15.4%
Candy - 11.7%
- Digital Roundup: Free and freemium models launched
- Banking industry figures show silver surfers avid users of Internet, mobile banking
- Top 3 holiday trends than will impact 2015
- Valentine's Surveys: What couples are looking
- Shareholic: Facebook now accounts for 25% of social referrals
- Brand Keys predicts Super Bowl winners, losers
- Top 3 data collection trends for 2015
- ChoiceStream: Sports audiences costing brands more
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...