News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter announces Ads API
Following on from its release of advertiser-centric mobile user statistics earlier this week, Twitter has now announced that it is opening up its platform to third-party ad management software.
When writing up the mobile user statistics recently released by Twitter there was some suspicion in my mind that more advertiser news was to come from the micro-blogging platform. And today it's all over the news.
Twitter is to open up to allow advertisers to connect their existing ad management software to their Twitter account. The ads API will allow the automation of ads on the platform, bringing it more in line with the digital ad buying process used by the biggest brands and companies.
"What this means is that as marketers, you'll soon have the ability to work with our initial set of Ads API partners to manage Twitter Ad campaigns -- and integrate them into your existing cross-channel advertising strategies," says April Underwood, Revenue Product Manager at Twitter.
"Equally important, users will continue to see the most relevant Promoted Tweets from advertisers. With the Ads API, marketers now have more tools in their arsenal to help them deliver the right message, to the right audience, on the desktop and on mobile devices -- all at scale."
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...