News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter announces Ads API
Following on from its release of advertiser-centric mobile user statistics earlier this week, Twitter has now announced that it is opening up its platform to third-party ad management software.
When writing up the mobile user statistics recently released by Twitter there was some suspicion in my mind that more advertiser news was to come from the micro-blogging platform. And today it's all over the news.
Twitter is to open up to allow advertisers to connect their existing ad management software to their Twitter account. The ads API will allow the automation of ads on the platform, bringing it more in line with the digital ad buying process used by the biggest brands and companies.
"What this means is that as marketers, you'll soon have the ability to work with our initial set of Ads API partners to manage Twitter Ad campaigns -- and integrate them into your existing cross-channel advertising strategies," says April Underwood, Revenue Product Manager at Twitter.
"Equally important, users will continue to see the most relevant Promoted Tweets from advertisers. With the Ads API, marketers now have more tools in their arsenal to help them deliver the right message, to the right audience, on the desktop and on mobile devices -- all at scale."
- Expert: How subscriptions are driving retail
- Report: US small businesses pushing international
- Top 3 tips for enterprises to enter the cloud
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...