News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter announces Ads API
Following on from its release of advertiser-centric mobile user statistics earlier this week, Twitter has now announced that it is opening up its platform to third-party ad management software.
When writing up the mobile user statistics recently released by Twitter there was some suspicion in my mind that more advertiser news was to come from the micro-blogging platform. And today it's all over the news.
Twitter is to open up to allow advertisers to connect their existing ad management software to their Twitter account. The ads API will allow the automation of ads on the platform, bringing it more in line with the digital ad buying process used by the biggest brands and companies.
"What this means is that as marketers, you'll soon have the ability to work with our initial set of Ads API partners to manage Twitter Ad campaigns -- and integrate them into your existing cross-channel advertising strategies," says April Underwood, Revenue Product Manager at Twitter.
"Equally important, users will continue to see the most relevant Promoted Tweets from advertisers. With the Ads API, marketers now have more tools in their arsenal to help them deliver the right message, to the right audience, on the desktop and on mobile devices -- all at scale."
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...