News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter announces Ads API
Following on from its release of advertiser-centric mobile user statistics earlier this week, Twitter has now announced that it is opening up its platform to third-party ad management software.
When writing up the mobile user statistics recently released by Twitter there was some suspicion in my mind that more advertiser news was to come from the micro-blogging platform. And today it's all over the news.
Twitter is to open up to allow advertisers to connect their existing ad management software to their Twitter account. The ads API will allow the automation of ads on the platform, bringing it more in line with the digital ad buying process used by the biggest brands and companies.
"What this means is that as marketers, you'll soon have the ability to work with our initial set of Ads API partners to manage Twitter Ad campaigns -- and integrate them into your existing cross-channel advertising strategies," says April Underwood, Revenue Product Manager at Twitter.
"Equally important, users will continue to see the most relevant Promoted Tweets from advertisers. With the Ads API, marketers now have more tools in their arsenal to help them deliver the right message, to the right audience, on the desktop and on mobile devices -- all at scale."
- Expert: Why surveys may not offer all advertisers' questions
- Expert: Look for native to continue strong growth
- U.S. in-store and mobile retail experience found wanting
- Brits more interested in smart home tech than wearable tech
- Is TripAdvisor a gateway app?
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to increase viewability, deflate fraud
- Expert: The most important social metrics for brands
- Smartphones reach new milestone in U.S.
Featured White Papers