News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Customers disconnected from UK brands
New data out from Strativity may have some UK brands rethinking their consumer contacts. According to the data, many UK companies are killing their customer relationships - and many don't know why.
According to the report 69% of British companies feel they're in an 'on again off again' relationship and that their target consumers are still shopping with them only because they haven't found anything better. About one-quarter believe their customers are loyal because of their prices but nearly half say it's because of inertia.
Those responses have led the researchers to declare that the 'marriage' of business and consumer is in trouble in Britain.
Lior Arussy, CEO of Strativity, said, "Many couples find that good communication withers away a few years into a marriage; the same is true of companies and their customers. If you only talk when you are fighting (when a customer has a complaint) and on special occasions (a renewal date), then it's time to call in the marriage guidance counsellor."
His top tips for brands who feel they've lost that connection with their customers?
First, focus on renewing the relationship. Like couples, brands need to reignite that spark of attraction - surprise customers will a new campaign, new product launch or even a sale that is meant only for them.
Second, ask the customers what they want - and then do the best to give that experience to them.
"If you let your ego get in the way of making an effort with your relationship, don't be surprised if your customer walks away," said Chris Mills, Strativity's UK Managing Director. "There is no room for complacency in good economic times or bad but when we are threatened with a triple dip recession, you have to put the customer first in order to survive."
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...