News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Customers disconnected from UK brands
New data out from Strativity may have some UK brands rethinking their consumer contacts. According to the data, many UK companies are killing their customer relationships - and many don't know why.
According to the report 69% of British companies feel they're in an 'on again off again' relationship and that their target consumers are still shopping with them only because they haven't found anything better. About one-quarter believe their customers are loyal because of their prices but nearly half say it's because of inertia.
Those responses have led the researchers to declare that the 'marriage' of business and consumer is in trouble in Britain.
Lior Arussy, CEO of Strativity, said, "Many couples find that good communication withers away a few years into a marriage; the same is true of companies and their customers. If you only talk when you are fighting (when a customer has a complaint) and on special occasions (a renewal date), then it's time to call in the marriage guidance counsellor."
His top tips for brands who feel they've lost that connection with their customers?
First, focus on renewing the relationship. Like couples, brands need to reignite that spark of attraction - surprise customers will a new campaign, new product launch or even a sale that is meant only for them.
Second, ask the customers what they want - and then do the best to give that experience to them.
"If you let your ego get in the way of making an effort with your relationship, don't be surprised if your customer walks away," said Chris Mills, Strativity's UK Managing Director. "There is no room for complacency in good economic times or bad but when we are threatened with a triple dip recession, you have to put the customer first in order to survive."
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...