News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Customers disconnected from UK brands
New data out from Strativity may have some UK brands rethinking their consumer contacts. According to the data, many UK companies are killing their customer relationships - and many don't know why.
According to the report 69% of British companies feel they're in an 'on again off again' relationship and that their target consumers are still shopping with them only because they haven't found anything better. About one-quarter believe their customers are loyal because of their prices but nearly half say it's because of inertia.
Those responses have led the researchers to declare that the 'marriage' of business and consumer is in trouble in Britain.
Lior Arussy, CEO of Strativity, said, "Many couples find that good communication withers away a few years into a marriage; the same is true of companies and their customers. If you only talk when you are fighting (when a customer has a complaint) and on special occasions (a renewal date), then it's time to call in the marriage guidance counsellor."
His top tips for brands who feel they've lost that connection with their customers?
First, focus on renewing the relationship. Like couples, brands need to reignite that spark of attraction - surprise customers will a new campaign, new product launch or even a sale that is meant only for them.
Second, ask the customers what they want - and then do the best to give that experience to them.
"If you let your ego get in the way of making an effort with your relationship, don't be surprised if your customer walks away," said Chris Mills, Strativity's UK Managing Director. "There is no room for complacency in good economic times or bad but when we are threatened with a triple dip recession, you have to put the customer first in order to survive."
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...