News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Password fatigue getting to shoppers
While the online space has made it simpler for some shoppers to find some products, it's also made shopping a bit more frustrating - at least for some. All those sites requiring site logins and passwords? According to new data out from Janrain password fatigue is on the rise among online shoppers.
For retailers, requiring logins so that a website visit can be more personalized and potentially result in higher purchase totals, is a good thing. For the shoppers, however, the need to remember passwords and logins for a number of different sites is taking away from the shopping experience - even though many do like the personalized aspects allowed by the logins.
Social login is one solution. It allows shoppers to use their existing logins from Facebook, Twitter and other sites rather than creating a new login for each retail site visited. The problem? Not all retailers offer this option.
According to the Janrain study:
• 92% of shoppers have abandoned a website rather than recover lost login information
• 4 in 5 say they offer 'bad' information when creating a login for a retail site
• 67% of shoppers like website personalization
• 65% of shoppers are more likely to revisit a site using social login; 52% are already using social logins
"Social login appears well suited to address common challenges organizations face," said Paul Abel, Ph.D., Managing Partner, Blue Research. "Despite social login's recent introduction, most online consumers are encountering it and, among those who do, the majority are using it. These findings suggest social login is an effective way for organizations to better understand and target consumers in a way in which consumers find beneficial."
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...