News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Password fatigue getting to shoppers
While the online space has made it simpler for some shoppers to find some products, it's also made shopping a bit more frustrating - at least for some. All those sites requiring site logins and passwords? According to new data out from Janrain password fatigue is on the rise among online shoppers.
For retailers, requiring logins so that a website visit can be more personalized and potentially result in higher purchase totals, is a good thing. For the shoppers, however, the need to remember passwords and logins for a number of different sites is taking away from the shopping experience - even though many do like the personalized aspects allowed by the logins.
Social login is one solution. It allows shoppers to use their existing logins from Facebook, Twitter and other sites rather than creating a new login for each retail site visited. The problem? Not all retailers offer this option.
According to the Janrain study:
• 92% of shoppers have abandoned a website rather than recover lost login information
• 4 in 5 say they offer 'bad' information when creating a login for a retail site
• 67% of shoppers like website personalization
• 65% of shoppers are more likely to revisit a site using social login; 52% are already using social logins
"Social login appears well suited to address common challenges organizations face," said Paul Abel, Ph.D., Managing Partner, Blue Research. "Despite social login's recent introduction, most online consumers are encountering it and, among those who do, the majority are using it. These findings suggest social login is an effective way for organizations to better understand and target consumers in a way in which consumers find beneficial."
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...