News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Password fatigue getting to shoppers
While the online space has made it simpler for some shoppers to find some products, it's also made shopping a bit more frustrating - at least for some. All those sites requiring site logins and passwords? According to new data out from Janrain password fatigue is on the rise among online shoppers.
For retailers, requiring logins so that a website visit can be more personalized and potentially result in higher purchase totals, is a good thing. For the shoppers, however, the need to remember passwords and logins for a number of different sites is taking away from the shopping experience - even though many do like the personalized aspects allowed by the logins.
Social login is one solution. It allows shoppers to use their existing logins from Facebook, Twitter and other sites rather than creating a new login for each retail site visited. The problem? Not all retailers offer this option.
According to the Janrain study:
• 92% of shoppers have abandoned a website rather than recover lost login information
• 4 in 5 say they offer 'bad' information when creating a login for a retail site
• 67% of shoppers like website personalization
• 65% of shoppers are more likely to revisit a site using social login; 52% are already using social logins
"Social login appears well suited to address common challenges organizations face," said Paul Abel, Ph.D., Managing Partner, Blue Research. "Despite social login's recent introduction, most online consumers are encountering it and, among those who do, the majority are using it. These findings suggest social login is an effective way for organizations to better understand and target consumers in a way in which consumers find beneficial."
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...