News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Password fatigue getting to shoppers
While the online space has made it simpler for some shoppers to find some products, it's also made shopping a bit more frustrating - at least for some. All those sites requiring site logins and passwords? According to new data out from Janrain password fatigue is on the rise among online shoppers.
For retailers, requiring logins so that a website visit can be more personalized and potentially result in higher purchase totals, is a good thing. For the shoppers, however, the need to remember passwords and logins for a number of different sites is taking away from the shopping experience - even though many do like the personalized aspects allowed by the logins.
Social login is one solution. It allows shoppers to use their existing logins from Facebook, Twitter and other sites rather than creating a new login for each retail site visited. The problem? Not all retailers offer this option.
According to the Janrain study:
• 92% of shoppers have abandoned a website rather than recover lost login information
• 4 in 5 say they offer 'bad' information when creating a login for a retail site
• 67% of shoppers like website personalization
• 65% of shoppers are more likely to revisit a site using social login; 52% are already using social logins
"Social login appears well suited to address common challenges organizations face," said Paul Abel, Ph.D., Managing Partner, Blue Research. "Despite social login's recent introduction, most online consumers are encountering it and, among those who do, the majority are using it. These findings suggest social login is an effective way for organizations to better understand and target consumers in a way in which consumers find beneficial."
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
Featured White Papers
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...