News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Hispanic consumers look to social for product issues
When it comes to the social space more and more consumers are looking to social networks to stay in contact with their favorite brands. But, it seems, one demographic is more likely than others to turn to social - that is the Hispanic demo. According to new data out from NM Incite, Hispanic social media consumers are more likely than average social media consumers (US) to use social care.
According to the report 57% of Hispanics have turned to the social space to ask a question about a brand or report complaints/issues with products; about 47% of the general population does this. This kind of 'social care' is quickly becoming a place where brands can stand out from the crowd.
"In the U.S., Hispanic consumers' desire to use social media customer service (or "social care") surpasses that of the general social media population. This creates a significant opportunity for companies seeking meaningful interactions with this large consumer segment that continues to grow in purchasing power year-over-year," writes Liz Harrison via the NM Incite blog.
Other interesting findings include:
• 19% of Hispanics turn to social care daily, 30% weekly
• Hispanics are 25% more likely to 'prefer' social care to traditional customer service methods than the general population
• 35% of Hispanics say they would rather use Facebook or Twitter to reach a brand than the phone
• Hispanics are 21% more likely to recommend a brand after a social care experience than other demographics
What kind of information are Hispanic consumers looking for in the social space? Most will comment on or ask a question about a brand's products or services; Facebook remains the most used social network for these types of interactions. But, the data shows most Hispanics actually prefer using Twitter to reach a brand's social care unit.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...