News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Hispanic consumers look to social for product issues
When it comes to the social space more and more consumers are looking to social networks to stay in contact with their favorite brands. But, it seems, one demographic is more likely than others to turn to social - that is the Hispanic demo. According to new data out from NM Incite, Hispanic social media consumers are more likely than average social media consumers (US) to use social care.
According to the report 57% of Hispanics have turned to the social space to ask a question about a brand or report complaints/issues with products; about 47% of the general population does this. This kind of 'social care' is quickly becoming a place where brands can stand out from the crowd.
"In the U.S., Hispanic consumers' desire to use social media customer service (or "social care") surpasses that of the general social media population. This creates a significant opportunity for companies seeking meaningful interactions with this large consumer segment that continues to grow in purchasing power year-over-year," writes Liz Harrison via the NM Incite blog.
Other interesting findings include:
• 19% of Hispanics turn to social care daily, 30% weekly
• Hispanics are 25% more likely to 'prefer' social care to traditional customer service methods than the general population
• 35% of Hispanics say they would rather use Facebook or Twitter to reach a brand than the phone
• Hispanics are 21% more likely to recommend a brand after a social care experience than other demographics
What kind of information are Hispanic consumers looking for in the social space? Most will comment on or ask a question about a brand's products or services; Facebook remains the most used social network for these types of interactions. But, the data shows most Hispanics actually prefer using Twitter to reach a brand's social care unit.
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
- Study: Shoppers want email contact
- New eBay ad targeting tool knows what mood a shopper is in
- Ad Roundup: Data key to new launches
- Top 3 tips to improve travel marketing strategy
- Millennials embrace marketing emails via mobile
- Video posts overtake photo posts by brands on Facebook
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....