News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Hispanic consumers look to social for product issues
When it comes to the social space more and more consumers are looking to social networks to stay in contact with their favorite brands. But, it seems, one demographic is more likely than others to turn to social - that is the Hispanic demo. According to new data out from NM Incite, Hispanic social media consumers are more likely than average social media consumers (US) to use social care.
According to the report 57% of Hispanics have turned to the social space to ask a question about a brand or report complaints/issues with products; about 47% of the general population does this. This kind of 'social care' is quickly becoming a place where brands can stand out from the crowd.
"In the U.S., Hispanic consumers' desire to use social media customer service (or "social care") surpasses that of the general social media population. This creates a significant opportunity for companies seeking meaningful interactions with this large consumer segment that continues to grow in purchasing power year-over-year," writes Liz Harrison via the NM Incite blog.
Other interesting findings include:
• 19% of Hispanics turn to social care daily, 30% weekly
• Hispanics are 25% more likely to 'prefer' social care to traditional customer service methods than the general population
• 35% of Hispanics say they would rather use Facebook or Twitter to reach a brand than the phone
• Hispanics are 21% more likely to recommend a brand after a social care experience than other demographics
What kind of information are Hispanic consumers looking for in the social space? Most will comment on or ask a question about a brand's products or services; Facebook remains the most used social network for these types of interactions. But, the data shows most Hispanics actually prefer using Twitter to reach a brand's social care unit.
- Why do online shoppers switch devices between research and purchase?
- Video ad budgets increasingly diversifying beyond pre-roll
- Reports: Mobile, deals important to shoppers
- Expert: How brands can use social data
- Study finds 2/3s purchase via mobile
- Consumers shun search engines for retail sites during product discovery
- Trust holding back sharing economy adoption
- Top tips to improve cash flow
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...