News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: 60% believe 'green' product claims are false
Green is still good, at least according to marketing departments, but according to new data most consumers don't believe brands green claims. In fact, the report finds that 60% believe such claims are false. Of those who do believe brands green packaging/marketing efforts only 40% are willing to pay more for the 'green'.
And, of those who believe the green claims, 80% 'appreciate' it when a brand offers green products - with no increased cost attached.
The findings were part of a survey for The Best New Product Awards, conducted by BrandSpark and Better Homes & Gardens. Researchers also found that most consumers have purchased private label/store brand products over the past year (90%) and that more than half (60%) have purchased private label food items - like milk, frozen veggies and dry foods.
Robert Levy, President and CEO of BrandSpark International and Founder of the Best New Product Awards said, "[As] the program continues to gain momentum, we are able to reveal trending data about the opinions and habits of American shoppers, insights that can help marketers and manufacturers innovate and improve their products and offerings."
As for how people are shopping, the Shopper Survey found that 2 in 3 respondents how own a smartphone, an increase from the 1 in 2 response in the previous year. Other interesting findings:
• Android's OS and Apple's OS hold an 84% share of the market
• Half of respondents say they're interested in scanning/downloading coupons via mobile
• 30% (age 18-34) say they use a mobile device to store shopping lists
• 67% refer to store circulars to making grocery lists, 30% look to newspaper articles or recipe books
- Report: Autofill features on social media improve conversions
- Brands: Why You Need Millennials
- Mobile Roundup: More shoppers choosing mobile
- Survey: For routine accounting, SMBs trust in-house
- Mobile-friendly email strategies paying off for marketers
- The growing impact of online performance on sales and customer experience
- Dedicated email marketing teams significantly affect ROI
- How to predict shopper behavior outside surveys
Featured White Papers