News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: 60% believe 'green' product claims are false
Green is still good, at least according to marketing departments, but according to new data most consumers don't believe brands green claims. In fact, the report finds that 60% believe such claims are false. Of those who do believe brands green packaging/marketing efforts only 40% are willing to pay more for the 'green'.
And, of those who believe the green claims, 80% 'appreciate' it when a brand offers green products - with no increased cost attached.
The findings were part of a survey for The Best New Product Awards, conducted by BrandSpark and Better Homes & Gardens. Researchers also found that most consumers have purchased private label/store brand products over the past year (90%) and that more than half (60%) have purchased private label food items - like milk, frozen veggies and dry foods.
Robert Levy, President and CEO of BrandSpark International and Founder of the Best New Product Awards said, "[As] the program continues to gain momentum, we are able to reveal trending data about the opinions and habits of American shoppers, insights that can help marketers and manufacturers innovate and improve their products and offerings."
As for how people are shopping, the Shopper Survey found that 2 in 3 respondents how own a smartphone, an increase from the 1 in 2 response in the previous year. Other interesting findings:
• Android's OS and Apple's OS hold an 84% share of the market
• Half of respondents say they're interested in scanning/downloading coupons via mobile
• 30% (age 18-34) say they use a mobile device to store shopping lists
• 67% refer to store circulars to making grocery lists, 30% look to newspaper articles or recipe books
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...