News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Strongmail, Amazon partner for cloud-based data
Amazon is moving into the data collection field, or moving farther into it as the case may be. Together with StrongMail, they have launched a cloud based data platform aimed at giving brands 'deep data' at the right price.
Here's how the new offering will work: StrongMail will leverage Amazon's Redshift data warehouse through a cloud setting. StrongMail's client base will have access to the data through the cloud at a lower cost. Users can store and analyze as much data as is needed and access that data whenever they want without the hassles of too-small data infrastructures.
"To stay ahead, enterprise marketers must use deep data, advanced analytics and intelligent automation to drive better marketing," said Bill Wagner, CEO, StrongMail. "Amazon Redshift's cost-effective and scalable data warehouse service in the cloud, combined with StrongMail's innovative and intelligent data platform, attacks one of the industry's biggest pain points: accessing and harnessing big data. "By removing the constraints of other marketing solution providers, StrongMail frees customers from limits on the amount, age and type of data required to deliver highly targeted and relevant messaging."
Amazon's Redshift is a fully managed petabyte-scale data solution. According to one report more than 2 exabytes of data are created daily on a global level; offering brands access to that data economically can help them better target ads to in-market consumers.
"Data warehouses for large and changing datasets require significant time and resources to administer," said Jeremy Sterns, CTO, StrongMail. "By building upon Amazon Redshift with StrongMail's innovative new technologies, our customers will be able to easily garner new previously hard-to-capture customer insights. The out-of-date architecture of other ESPs limits marketing's ability to access and leverage a broader set of customer data. By removing these barriers, StrongMail helps deliver the power of big data into the hands of enterprise marketers."
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....