News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Strongmail, Amazon partner for cloud-based data
Amazon is moving into the data collection field, or moving farther into it as the case may be. Together with StrongMail, they have launched a cloud based data platform aimed at giving brands 'deep data' at the right price.
Here's how the new offering will work: StrongMail will leverage Amazon's Redshift data warehouse through a cloud setting. StrongMail's client base will have access to the data through the cloud at a lower cost. Users can store and analyze as much data as is needed and access that data whenever they want without the hassles of too-small data infrastructures.
"To stay ahead, enterprise marketers must use deep data, advanced analytics and intelligent automation to drive better marketing," said Bill Wagner, CEO, StrongMail. "Amazon Redshift's cost-effective and scalable data warehouse service in the cloud, combined with StrongMail's innovative and intelligent data platform, attacks one of the industry's biggest pain points: accessing and harnessing big data. "By removing the constraints of other marketing solution providers, StrongMail frees customers from limits on the amount, age and type of data required to deliver highly targeted and relevant messaging."
Amazon's Redshift is a fully managed petabyte-scale data solution. According to one report more than 2 exabytes of data are created daily on a global level; offering brands access to that data economically can help them better target ads to in-market consumers.
"Data warehouses for large and changing datasets require significant time and resources to administer," said Jeremy Sterns, CTO, StrongMail. "By building upon Amazon Redshift with StrongMail's innovative new technologies, our customers will be able to easily garner new previously hard-to-capture customer insights. The out-of-date architecture of other ESPs limits marketing's ability to access and leverage a broader set of customer data. By removing these barriers, StrongMail helps deliver the power of big data into the hands of enterprise marketers."
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...