News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Solution offers real time answers for social brands
The social space is ripe with information about consumer groups, new products and other news. The problem with the social space is that it moves so fast by the time a brand picks up on a trend, that trend might be past. Enter Topsy, a platform created to offer social brands real time insights into social conversations.
"We use Topsy reports as part of our strategy to stay on top of engagement around both our stories and those topics that CIR follows closely," Joaquin Alvarado, Chief Strategy Officer at the Center for Investigative Reporting. "This ensures that we have a record of that engagement and know who the key influencers are in order to develop deeper understanding of our impact."
"Topsy Pro is getting significant traction with brands and media organizations as well as the agencies that serve them. A consistent request that we've heard from these organizations is the ability to monitor all conversations and be proactively alerted with the most important information to their business," said Jamie de Guerre, vice president of product at Topsy. "Topsy Alerts and Reports deliver on what our customers have been asking for by putting the most important insights in their inbox on a regular basis and at the outset of breaking news or trends."
There are two options when it comes to using Topsy - Topsy Alerts and Topsy Reports.
Topsy Alerts are immediate notifications sent when the sentiment or activity surrounding a specific product or brand changes; often these quick changes can preface a new trend. Having access to the change as it happens can help a brand stay on track. Those using Topsy Alerts can have the alert system set up to track accelerating conversations or to stay on top of consumer sentiment in the cases of a product recall.
Topsy Reports are digests of a topic sent via email to the brand; the digests can compare Brand A to Brand B, analyze traffic during reporting periods or offer summary statistics of topics of interest to the brand.
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...