News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Solution offers real time answers for social brands
The social space is ripe with information about consumer groups, new products and other news. The problem with the social space is that it moves so fast by the time a brand picks up on a trend, that trend might be past. Enter Topsy, a platform created to offer social brands real time insights into social conversations.
"We use Topsy reports as part of our strategy to stay on top of engagement around both our stories and those topics that CIR follows closely," Joaquin Alvarado, Chief Strategy Officer at the Center for Investigative Reporting. "This ensures that we have a record of that engagement and know who the key influencers are in order to develop deeper understanding of our impact."
"Topsy Pro is getting significant traction with brands and media organizations as well as the agencies that serve them. A consistent request that we've heard from these organizations is the ability to monitor all conversations and be proactively alerted with the most important information to their business," said Jamie de Guerre, vice president of product at Topsy. "Topsy Alerts and Reports deliver on what our customers have been asking for by putting the most important insights in their inbox on a regular basis and at the outset of breaking news or trends."
There are two options when it comes to using Topsy - Topsy Alerts and Topsy Reports.
Topsy Alerts are immediate notifications sent when the sentiment or activity surrounding a specific product or brand changes; often these quick changes can preface a new trend. Having access to the change as it happens can help a brand stay on track. Those using Topsy Alerts can have the alert system set up to track accelerating conversations or to stay on top of consumer sentiment in the cases of a product recall.
Topsy Reports are digests of a topic sent via email to the brand; the digests can compare Brand A to Brand B, analyze traffic during reporting periods or offer summary statistics of topics of interest to the brand.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...