News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social tops marketing priorities for marketers in India
One of India's most prominent email marketing companies has revealed the findings of its third annual industry research report showing that, while email continues to be the leader in terms of ROI and lead generation, marketers in India are increasingly looking to multi-channel campaigns including social and mobile.
Three-quarters of marketers surveyed for Octane's Annual India e-Marketing Research Report: Spark the Surge agree that email and social are, by far, the "most effectual customer engagement tools", and these channels are being given high priority when it comes to doling out budgets this year.
Email has long been viewed as the most effective channel and 99% of the 500 top marketers in India participating in Octane's survey agreed. However, in 2013, email marketing will come second to social media which will be the top investment for online marketing in India. Almost two-thirds (65%)of marketers in the country intend to boost investment in social, up from 37% last year, compared with 57% that intend to up investment in email.
"India marketers are increasingly looking to integrate their campaigns across multiple channels. Our 2013 research shows that while marketers are investing aggressively in social, a lot still needs to be done towards mobile marketing readiness by organizations in India," said Samarth Saxena, co-founder and Chief Operating Officer for Octane.in.
"Email marketing continues to be the leader in terms of lead generation and ROI across channels and will see stronger investments in 2013."
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...