News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social tops marketing priorities for marketers in India
One of India's most prominent email marketing companies has revealed the findings of its third annual industry research report showing that, while email continues to be the leader in terms of ROI and lead generation, marketers in India are increasingly looking to multi-channel campaigns including social and mobile.
Three-quarters of marketers surveyed for Octane's Annual India e-Marketing Research Report: Spark the Surge agree that email and social are, by far, the "most effectual customer engagement tools", and these channels are being given high priority when it comes to doling out budgets this year.
Email has long been viewed as the most effective channel and 99% of the 500 top marketers in India participating in Octane's survey agreed. However, in 2013, email marketing will come second to social media which will be the top investment for online marketing in India. Almost two-thirds (65%)of marketers in the country intend to boost investment in social, up from 37% last year, compared with 57% that intend to up investment in email.
"India marketers are increasingly looking to integrate their campaigns across multiple channels. Our 2013 research shows that while marketers are investing aggressively in social, a lot still needs to be done towards mobile marketing readiness by organizations in India," said Samarth Saxena, co-founder and Chief Operating Officer for Octane.in.
"Email marketing continues to be the leader in terms of lead generation and ROI across channels and will see stronger investments in 2013."
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Study dispels myth of what motivates brand advocates
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
- Survey: Mobile security a risk for SMBs
- How multi-screens are changing brand interactions
- Ad RoundUp: Tapping into data solutions
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...