News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
61% of SMBs do not outsource content creation
A recent survey from online business training company BusinessBolts.com reveals that a growing number of small businesses are using using content marketing, and to great effect. Use of video content is set to rise significantly in 2013.
Three-quarters (74%) of small businesses surveyed by BusinessBolts.com currently use content marketing to increase awareness of their brand and products, and to grow business.
The most widely used content marketing channels are articles (74%) followed by blog posts (64%) and social media (49%). Just 38% of small business marketers are currently creating video content but, according to the study, even more (53%) plan to create video content in 2013.
The top three benefits reported were increased traffic (77%), improved search engine rankings (71%), and growing awareness of the brand (70%). Increasing sales came in 4th at 59%.
However, most (62%) aren't spending more than $100 per month on content marketing and 28% spend between $100 and $500 per month. Similarly, they aren't spending a lot of time each week on content marketing - 43% spend 1-1.5 hours each week while 19% spend less than an hour on the task. Seventeen percent spend 1-6 hours each week.
You might think this is due to a lot of content creation being outsourced, however BusinessBolt.com's survey found that 61% do not outsource content creation.
When asked which questions marketers want answered most of all with regard to content marketing the number one query was how to use content marketing to gain the most SEO benefit. Other questions included how to find good writers, which forms of content were the most effective and how they could create "stand out" content.
A copy of the survey results can be found online (.pdf).
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...