News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
61% of SMBs do not outsource content creation
A recent survey from online business training company BusinessBolts.com reveals that a growing number of small businesses are using using content marketing, and to great effect. Use of video content is set to rise significantly in 2013.
Three-quarters (74%) of small businesses surveyed by BusinessBolts.com currently use content marketing to increase awareness of their brand and products, and to grow business.
The most widely used content marketing channels are articles (74%) followed by blog posts (64%) and social media (49%). Just 38% of small business marketers are currently creating video content but, according to the study, even more (53%) plan to create video content in 2013.
The top three benefits reported were increased traffic (77%), improved search engine rankings (71%), and growing awareness of the brand (70%). Increasing sales came in 4th at 59%.
However, most (62%) aren't spending more than $100 per month on content marketing and 28% spend between $100 and $500 per month. Similarly, they aren't spending a lot of time each week on content marketing - 43% spend 1-1.5 hours each week while 19% spend less than an hour on the task. Seventeen percent spend 1-6 hours each week.
You might think this is due to a lot of content creation being outsourced, however BusinessBolt.com's survey found that 61% do not outsource content creation.
When asked which questions marketers want answered most of all with regard to content marketing the number one query was how to use content marketing to gain the most SEO benefit. Other questions included how to find good writers, which forms of content were the most effective and how they could create "stand out" content.
A copy of the survey results can be found online (.pdf).
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...