News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
61% of SMBs do not outsource content creation
A recent survey from online business training company BusinessBolts.com reveals that a growing number of small businesses are using using content marketing, and to great effect. Use of video content is set to rise significantly in 2013.
Three-quarters (74%) of small businesses surveyed by BusinessBolts.com currently use content marketing to increase awareness of their brand and products, and to grow business.
The most widely used content marketing channels are articles (74%) followed by blog posts (64%) and social media (49%). Just 38% of small business marketers are currently creating video content but, according to the study, even more (53%) plan to create video content in 2013.
The top three benefits reported were increased traffic (77%), improved search engine rankings (71%), and growing awareness of the brand (70%). Increasing sales came in 4th at 59%.
However, most (62%) aren't spending more than $100 per month on content marketing and 28% spend between $100 and $500 per month. Similarly, they aren't spending a lot of time each week on content marketing - 43% spend 1-1.5 hours each week while 19% spend less than an hour on the task. Seventeen percent spend 1-6 hours each week.
You might think this is due to a lot of content creation being outsourced, however BusinessBolt.com's survey found that 61% do not outsource content creation.
When asked which questions marketers want answered most of all with regard to content marketing the number one query was how to use content marketing to gain the most SEO benefit. Other questions included how to find good writers, which forms of content were the most effective and how they could create "stand out" content.
A copy of the survey results can be found online (.pdf).
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...