News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
61% of SMBs do not outsource content creation
A recent survey from online business training company BusinessBolts.com reveals that a growing number of small businesses are using using content marketing, and to great effect. Use of video content is set to rise significantly in 2013.
Three-quarters (74%) of small businesses surveyed by BusinessBolts.com currently use content marketing to increase awareness of their brand and products, and to grow business.
The most widely used content marketing channels are articles (74%) followed by blog posts (64%) and social media (49%). Just 38% of small business marketers are currently creating video content but, according to the study, even more (53%) plan to create video content in 2013.
The top three benefits reported were increased traffic (77%), improved search engine rankings (71%), and growing awareness of the brand (70%). Increasing sales came in 4th at 59%.
However, most (62%) aren't spending more than $100 per month on content marketing and 28% spend between $100 and $500 per month. Similarly, they aren't spending a lot of time each week on content marketing - 43% spend 1-1.5 hours each week while 19% spend less than an hour on the task. Seventeen percent spend 1-6 hours each week.
You might think this is due to a lot of content creation being outsourced, however BusinessBolt.com's survey found that 61% do not outsource content creation.
When asked which questions marketers want answered most of all with regard to content marketing the number one query was how to use content marketing to gain the most SEO benefit. Other questions included how to find good writers, which forms of content were the most effective and how they could create "stand out" content.
A copy of the survey results can be found online (.pdf).
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...