News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers swayed to spend by mobile connectivity
When it comes to where shoppers are headed this weekend, the mobile options within a store are a bigger factor than many retailers realize. According to new data out from JiWire most bricks-and-mortar shoppers (80%) are swayed by in-store WiFi options.
Mobile shoppers want options, and not just when they are clicking and buying through the mobile screen. According to a Q4 study of the mobile audience by JiWire most consumers will shop at a brick-and-mortar store offering in-store WiFi than a store not offering the same connection.
"Mobile has increasingly become the screen of choice as smartphones and tablets are becoming personal shopping devices," said David Staas, President, JiWire. "We're now seeing how mobile is influencing consumer retail shopping behaviors both onsite and offsite. This broad use of mobile is revealing tremendous insights into audiences, allowing brands, retailers, and advertisers to understand their mobile consumer in ways never before possible."
Other interesting findings include:
• 86% of Gen Xers (age 35-44) are influenced to shop with stores offering free WiFi
• Q4 2012 saw mobile wallet adoption surge by 38% (vs. Q1 2012)
• Women are more likely than men to use mobile to price compare, look for product reviews or search for deals/coupons when shopping in-store
• 84% of US mobiles prefer ad-supported WiFi vs paid WiFi
Smartphones/Tablets now account for 58% of public WiFi usage.
And don't look for mobile consumers to stick with only the devices they have now or upgrading devices as necessary. Researchers found that 72% of tablet owners already plan to purchase a second device.
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...