News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers swayed to spend by mobile connectivity
When it comes to where shoppers are headed this weekend, the mobile options within a store are a bigger factor than many retailers realize. According to new data out from JiWire most bricks-and-mortar shoppers (80%) are swayed by in-store WiFi options.
Mobile shoppers want options, and not just when they are clicking and buying through the mobile screen. According to a Q4 study of the mobile audience by JiWire most consumers will shop at a brick-and-mortar store offering in-store WiFi than a store not offering the same connection.
"Mobile has increasingly become the screen of choice as smartphones and tablets are becoming personal shopping devices," said David Staas, President, JiWire. "We're now seeing how mobile is influencing consumer retail shopping behaviors both onsite and offsite. This broad use of mobile is revealing tremendous insights into audiences, allowing brands, retailers, and advertisers to understand their mobile consumer in ways never before possible."
Other interesting findings include:
• 86% of Gen Xers (age 35-44) are influenced to shop with stores offering free WiFi
• Q4 2012 saw mobile wallet adoption surge by 38% (vs. Q1 2012)
• Women are more likely than men to use mobile to price compare, look for product reviews or search for deals/coupons when shopping in-store
• 84% of US mobiles prefer ad-supported WiFi vs paid WiFi
Smartphones/Tablets now account for 58% of public WiFi usage.
And don't look for mobile consumers to stick with only the devices they have now or upgrading devices as necessary. Researchers found that 72% of tablet owners already plan to purchase a second device.
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...