News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers swayed to spend by mobile connectivity
When it comes to where shoppers are headed this weekend, the mobile options within a store are a bigger factor than many retailers realize. According to new data out from JiWire most bricks-and-mortar shoppers (80%) are swayed by in-store WiFi options.
Mobile shoppers want options, and not just when they are clicking and buying through the mobile screen. According to a Q4 study of the mobile audience by JiWire most consumers will shop at a brick-and-mortar store offering in-store WiFi than a store not offering the same connection.
"Mobile has increasingly become the screen of choice as smartphones and tablets are becoming personal shopping devices," said David Staas, President, JiWire. "We're now seeing how mobile is influencing consumer retail shopping behaviors both onsite and offsite. This broad use of mobile is revealing tremendous insights into audiences, allowing brands, retailers, and advertisers to understand their mobile consumer in ways never before possible."
Other interesting findings include:
• 86% of Gen Xers (age 35-44) are influenced to shop with stores offering free WiFi
• Q4 2012 saw mobile wallet adoption surge by 38% (vs. Q1 2012)
• Women are more likely than men to use mobile to price compare, look for product reviews or search for deals/coupons when shopping in-store
• 84% of US mobiles prefer ad-supported WiFi vs paid WiFi
Smartphones/Tablets now account for 58% of public WiFi usage.
And don't look for mobile consumers to stick with only the devices they have now or upgrading devices as necessary. Researchers found that 72% of tablet owners already plan to purchase a second device.
- Mobile Roundup: New solutions, partnerships to help mobile brands
- Expert: Non-Profits can thrive in the online space
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...