News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shocking: Women embrace online shopping
Can you believe it? More women are embracing online shopping than men. It's news that's not news but the stats from research by Vouchercodes.co.uk are worth noting.
In their latest report, "Future of Online Retail", Vouchercodes.co.uk reveals that women buy more online, across a wider range of products, than men.
While 19% of women had purchased items from all categories presented in the study, which included groceries, holidays, clothing, furniture and electronics, just 13% of men had done so.
Furthermore, while 81% of women had purchased clothing online, just 73% of men had done so.
"Whilst male shoppers have traditionally been considered the early adopters of ecommerce, it is clear women have very much embraced online shopping and are keen to take advantage of solutions such as apps that offer targeted rewards and discounts," says Max Jennings, co-founder of VoucherCodes.co.uk.
It could also be argued that women are often the controllers of the purse strings in a household and are more likely, therefore, to be spending more online and buying across a wider range of categories.
- Ad Roundup: New tools to track, serve ads
- How to maximize your content marketing strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
Featured White Papers
- Use Social Data To Improve Your Social Marketing Maturity
We all have social data - and lots of it. But are you using it effectively? A brand's social data...