News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shocking: Women embrace online shopping
Can you believe it? More women are embracing online shopping than men. It's news that's not news but the stats from research by Vouchercodes.co.uk are worth noting.
In their latest report, "Future of Online Retail", Vouchercodes.co.uk reveals that women buy more online, across a wider range of products, than men.
While 19% of women had purchased items from all categories presented in the study, which included groceries, holidays, clothing, furniture and electronics, just 13% of men had done so.
Furthermore, while 81% of women had purchased clothing online, just 73% of men had done so.
"Whilst male shoppers have traditionally been considered the early adopters of ecommerce, it is clear women have very much embraced online shopping and are keen to take advantage of solutions such as apps that offer targeted rewards and discounts," says Max Jennings, co-founder of VoucherCodes.co.uk.
It could also be argued that women are often the controllers of the purse strings in a household and are more likely, therefore, to be spending more online and buying across a wider range of categories.
- Why do online shoppers switch devices between research and purchase?
- Video ad budgets increasingly diversifying beyond pre-roll
- Reports: Mobile, deals important to shoppers
- Expert: How brands can use social data
- Study finds 2/3s purchase via mobile
- Consumers shun search engines for retail sites during product discovery
- Trust holding back sharing economy adoption
- Top tips to improve cash flow
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...