News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shocking: Women embrace online shopping
Can you believe it? More women are embracing online shopping than men. It's news that's not news but the stats from research by Vouchercodes.co.uk are worth noting.
In their latest report, "Future of Online Retail", Vouchercodes.co.uk reveals that women buy more online, across a wider range of products, than men.
While 19% of women had purchased items from all categories presented in the study, which included groceries, holidays, clothing, furniture and electronics, just 13% of men had done so.
Furthermore, while 81% of women had purchased clothing online, just 73% of men had done so.
"Whilst male shoppers have traditionally been considered the early adopters of ecommerce, it is clear women have very much embraced online shopping and are keen to take advantage of solutions such as apps that offer targeted rewards and discounts," says Max Jennings, co-founder of VoucherCodes.co.uk.
It could also be argued that women are often the controllers of the purse strings in a household and are more likely, therefore, to be spending more online and buying across a wider range of categories.
- Study: How consumers use social to source news
- How brands can monetize machine learning for subscription services
- Consumers: There is a time, place for paid content
- Trends to watch for back-to-school
- Expert shares integration tips for cloud
- How machine learning can impact subscription service offerings
- Expert: How to know if the cloud is right for your business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting, Payments and Data
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...