News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Consumers won't let go of mobiles
When it comes to the mobile space, two new report underline just how important mobile devices are to consumers. So important that some would go without water rather than lose a mobile device and some would take a mobile anywhere - even the bathroom.
First, new data out from Apigee shows that most mobile consumers (85%) would rather go without water than their mobile device. And, looking around the globe, it's the app space that is the most indispensable. For example, in France nearly 20% of the population can't order dinner without an app, 23% of Spaniards say they can't find a date without a mobile app.
"[people] all over the world are becoming increasingly intertwined with their mobile apps and are demanding more from them," said Chet Kapoor, Apigee CEO. "Apps are becoming transformative to everything we do, but anapp is only as good as its APIs. Apigee's API platform helps build powerful digital ecosystems that let us all shop, communicate and connect through apps on trillions of mobile devices."
Meanwhile, an infographic released by SponsorPay shows that mobile consumers spend 117 minutes on their devices each day. And, mobile isn't just an on-the-way-to-work experience. Mobile consumers are taking devices everywhere - even into the bathroom. According to the report 11% of mobile gamers, for example, play in the bathroom. The 25-34 demographic is the largest mobile gaming demo while the 35-44 year old demo is the largest social gaming demographic.
As for a mobile breakdown, in 2012 Millennial Media reports smartphones now account for 75% of impressions on their site while non-phone devices - tablets, e-readers, etc. - make up about 20% of impressions. Both of those stats are an increase of at least 5% over 2011, showing steady growth in the mobile space.
- Videos best for Facebook reach, but don't ditch the photos
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...