News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Consumers won't let go of mobiles
When it comes to the mobile space, two new report underline just how important mobile devices are to consumers. So important that some would go without water rather than lose a mobile device and some would take a mobile anywhere - even the bathroom.
First, new data out from Apigee shows that most mobile consumers (85%) would rather go without water than their mobile device. And, looking around the globe, it's the app space that is the most indispensable. For example, in France nearly 20% of the population can't order dinner without an app, 23% of Spaniards say they can't find a date without a mobile app.
"[people] all over the world are becoming increasingly intertwined with their mobile apps and are demanding more from them," said Chet Kapoor, Apigee CEO. "Apps are becoming transformative to everything we do, but anapp is only as good as its APIs. Apigee's API platform helps build powerful digital ecosystems that let us all shop, communicate and connect through apps on trillions of mobile devices."
Meanwhile, an infographic released by SponsorPay shows that mobile consumers spend 117 minutes on their devices each day. And, mobile isn't just an on-the-way-to-work experience. Mobile consumers are taking devices everywhere - even into the bathroom. According to the report 11% of mobile gamers, for example, play in the bathroom. The 25-34 demographic is the largest mobile gaming demo while the 35-44 year old demo is the largest social gaming demographic.
As for a mobile breakdown, in 2012 Millennial Media reports smartphones now account for 75% of impressions on their site while non-phone devices - tablets, e-readers, etc. - make up about 20% of impressions. Both of those stats are an increase of at least 5% over 2011, showing steady growth in the mobile space.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...