News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Consumers won't let go of mobiles
When it comes to the mobile space, two new report underline just how important mobile devices are to consumers. So important that some would go without water rather than lose a mobile device and some would take a mobile anywhere - even the bathroom.
First, new data out from Apigee shows that most mobile consumers (85%) would rather go without water than their mobile device. And, looking around the globe, it's the app space that is the most indispensable. For example, in France nearly 20% of the population can't order dinner without an app, 23% of Spaniards say they can't find a date without a mobile app.
"[people] all over the world are becoming increasingly intertwined with their mobile apps and are demanding more from them," said Chet Kapoor, Apigee CEO. "Apps are becoming transformative to everything we do, but anapp is only as good as its APIs. Apigee's API platform helps build powerful digital ecosystems that let us all shop, communicate and connect through apps on trillions of mobile devices."
Meanwhile, an infographic released by SponsorPay shows that mobile consumers spend 117 minutes on their devices each day. And, mobile isn't just an on-the-way-to-work experience. Mobile consumers are taking devices everywhere - even into the bathroom. According to the report 11% of mobile gamers, for example, play in the bathroom. The 25-34 demographic is the largest mobile gaming demo while the 35-44 year old demo is the largest social gaming demographic.
As for a mobile breakdown, in 2012 Millennial Media reports smartphones now account for 75% of impressions on their site while non-phone devices - tablets, e-readers, etc. - make up about 20% of impressions. Both of those stats are an increase of at least 5% over 2011, showing steady growth in the mobile space.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....