News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Consumers won't let go of mobiles
When it comes to the mobile space, two new report underline just how important mobile devices are to consumers. So important that some would go without water rather than lose a mobile device and some would take a mobile anywhere - even the bathroom.
First, new data out from Apigee shows that most mobile consumers (85%) would rather go without water than their mobile device. And, looking around the globe, it's the app space that is the most indispensable. For example, in France nearly 20% of the population can't order dinner without an app, 23% of Spaniards say they can't find a date without a mobile app.
"[people] all over the world are becoming increasingly intertwined with their mobile apps and are demanding more from them," said Chet Kapoor, Apigee CEO. "Apps are becoming transformative to everything we do, but anapp is only as good as its APIs. Apigee's API platform helps build powerful digital ecosystems that let us all shop, communicate and connect through apps on trillions of mobile devices."
Meanwhile, an infographic released by SponsorPay shows that mobile consumers spend 117 minutes on their devices each day. And, mobile isn't just an on-the-way-to-work experience. Mobile consumers are taking devices everywhere - even into the bathroom. According to the report 11% of mobile gamers, for example, play in the bathroom. The 25-34 demographic is the largest mobile gaming demo while the 35-44 year old demo is the largest social gaming demographic.
As for a mobile breakdown, in 2012 Millennial Media reports smartphones now account for 75% of impressions on their site while non-phone devices - tablets, e-readers, etc. - make up about 20% of impressions. Both of those stats are an increase of at least 5% over 2011, showing steady growth in the mobile space.
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...