News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Consumers won't let go of mobiles
When it comes to the mobile space, two new report underline just how important mobile devices are to consumers. So important that some would go without water rather than lose a mobile device and some would take a mobile anywhere - even the bathroom.
First, new data out from Apigee shows that most mobile consumers (85%) would rather go without water than their mobile device. And, looking around the globe, it's the app space that is the most indispensable. For example, in France nearly 20% of the population can't order dinner without an app, 23% of Spaniards say they can't find a date without a mobile app.
"[people] all over the world are becoming increasingly intertwined with their mobile apps and are demanding more from them," said Chet Kapoor, Apigee CEO. "Apps are becoming transformative to everything we do, but anapp is only as good as its APIs. Apigee's API platform helps build powerful digital ecosystems that let us all shop, communicate and connect through apps on trillions of mobile devices."
Meanwhile, an infographic released by SponsorPay shows that mobile consumers spend 117 minutes on their devices each day. And, mobile isn't just an on-the-way-to-work experience. Mobile consumers are taking devices everywhere - even into the bathroom. According to the report 11% of mobile gamers, for example, play in the bathroom. The 25-34 demographic is the largest mobile gaming demo while the 35-44 year old demo is the largest social gaming demographic.
As for a mobile breakdown, in 2012 Millennial Media reports smartphones now account for 75% of impressions on their site while non-phone devices - tablets, e-readers, etc. - make up about 20% of impressions. Both of those stats are an increase of at least 5% over 2011, showing steady growth in the mobile space.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...