News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Most B2B brands use content to connect
According to a recent report most B2B brands are using content to connect with their leads and existing customers. This, of course, is putting more emphasis on creating unique, engaging content. One expert suggests the best way to remain informed about content creation - and curation - is to pay attention to the influencers in the space.
Pawan Deshpande, Founder & CEO, Curata: It's important that content marketers stay on top of the issue or industry that matters to them. Read influential blogs, following industry influencers on Twitter, and be sure to engage with those who have an impact on that issue or industry. While this seems fairly basic, it's critical to be aware of what's actually happening, so take the time to read and engage!
Kristina: What were some of the most interesting findings from Curata's 2012 B2B Marketing Survey?
Pawan: From our work in the field, we know that content marketing is a very popular strategy being used today. Our report confirmed this, as 87 percent of the 450 surveyed marketing professionals are using content marketing in their overall marketing programs. We were pleased to see that content curation, specifically, is building momentum with 57 percent of respondents currently utilizing it.
We noticed a direct connection between success and longevity of content curation programs, which is quite positive feedback in our opinion. While curation is a relatively new form of marketing, 43 percent of content curators surveyed believe their program is successful, and 32 percent have been curating successful programs for more than two years! This is very encouraging for curators who may be new to the game, as it validates that a program will continue to improve over time. We encourage users to stick with their content curation programs to fine tune their initiative and meet their goals.
More from Pawan on Friday, including his thoughts on the changing role of content for 2013.
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...