News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Most B2B brands use content to connect
According to a recent report most B2B brands are using content to connect with their leads and existing customers. This, of course, is putting more emphasis on creating unique, engaging content. One expert suggests the best way to remain informed about content creation - and curation - is to pay attention to the influencers in the space.
Pawan Deshpande, Founder & CEO, Curata: It's important that content marketers stay on top of the issue or industry that matters to them. Read influential blogs, following industry influencers on Twitter, and be sure to engage with those who have an impact on that issue or industry. While this seems fairly basic, it's critical to be aware of what's actually happening, so take the time to read and engage!
Kristina: What were some of the most interesting findings from Curata's 2012 B2B Marketing Survey?
Pawan: From our work in the field, we know that content marketing is a very popular strategy being used today. Our report confirmed this, as 87 percent of the 450 surveyed marketing professionals are using content marketing in their overall marketing programs. We were pleased to see that content curation, specifically, is building momentum with 57 percent of respondents currently utilizing it.
We noticed a direct connection between success and longevity of content curation programs, which is quite positive feedback in our opinion. While curation is a relatively new form of marketing, 43 percent of content curators surveyed believe their program is successful, and 32 percent have been curating successful programs for more than two years! This is very encouraging for curators who may be new to the game, as it validates that a program will continue to improve over time. We encourage users to stick with their content curation programs to fine tune their initiative and meet their goals.
More from Pawan on Friday, including his thoughts on the changing role of content for 2013.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...