News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile influencing purchases, not converting
When it comes to the mobile space, an important line is being drawn in the ether: that of influence by not necessarily conversion. New data out from L2 Think Tank indicates that mobiles are using increasingly using their devices - only not for purchasing.
Instead, they are using mobiles to compare prices or research products and then completing purchases in-store or via PC.
"L2 believes that the hype surrounding m-commerce is giving way to the reality of m-influence--in-store retail sales driven by, but not consummated, on smartphones and tablets," said Scott Galloway, Clinical Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern, and Founder, L2 Think Tank.
Meanwhile, a new study out from ReRez Research on behalf of Symantec shows how quickly - or not - many brands are adopting the mobile space. According to the results:
• 66% say the benefits of mobile outweigh the risks
• For 'Innovator' businesses - those adopting mobile early - 28% use Android devices, 26% use iOS devices
• Three-quarters of Innovators have company polices for the use of 'work' smartphones/tablets
• Innovators have shown 44% revenue growth and 34% profit growth\
• 'Traditionals' - those adopting mobile more slowly - have shown 30% revenue growth and 23% profit growth
Symantec's suggestions for those entering the mobile space?
First, don't wait. Adopting slowly is fine, find the researchers, but ignoring mobile will likely push your brand far behind.
Second, if looking for a place to begin, start with applications. Apps have shown to have positive productivity benefits for employees.
Third, Traditionals should pay attention to what Innovators are doing in the mobile space - and follow their lead.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...