News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile influencing purchases, not converting
When it comes to the mobile space, an important line is being drawn in the ether: that of influence by not necessarily conversion. New data out from L2 Think Tank indicates that mobiles are using increasingly using their devices - only not for purchasing.
Instead, they are using mobiles to compare prices or research products and then completing purchases in-store or via PC.
"L2 believes that the hype surrounding m-commerce is giving way to the reality of m-influence--in-store retail sales driven by, but not consummated, on smartphones and tablets," said Scott Galloway, Clinical Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern, and Founder, L2 Think Tank.
Meanwhile, a new study out from ReRez Research on behalf of Symantec shows how quickly - or not - many brands are adopting the mobile space. According to the results:
• 66% say the benefits of mobile outweigh the risks
• For 'Innovator' businesses - those adopting mobile early - 28% use Android devices, 26% use iOS devices
• Three-quarters of Innovators have company polices for the use of 'work' smartphones/tablets
• Innovators have shown 44% revenue growth and 34% profit growth\
• 'Traditionals' - those adopting mobile more slowly - have shown 30% revenue growth and 23% profit growth
Symantec's suggestions for those entering the mobile space?
First, don't wait. Adopting slowly is fine, find the researchers, but ignoring mobile will likely push your brand far behind.
Second, if looking for a place to begin, start with applications. Apps have shown to have positive productivity benefits for employees.
Third, Traditionals should pay attention to what Innovators are doing in the mobile space - and follow their lead.
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...