News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile influencing purchases, not converting
When it comes to the mobile space, an important line is being drawn in the ether: that of influence by not necessarily conversion. New data out from L2 Think Tank indicates that mobiles are using increasingly using their devices - only not for purchasing.
Instead, they are using mobiles to compare prices or research products and then completing purchases in-store or via PC.
"L2 believes that the hype surrounding m-commerce is giving way to the reality of m-influence--in-store retail sales driven by, but not consummated, on smartphones and tablets," said Scott Galloway, Clinical Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern, and Founder, L2 Think Tank.
Meanwhile, a new study out from ReRez Research on behalf of Symantec shows how quickly - or not - many brands are adopting the mobile space. According to the results:
• 66% say the benefits of mobile outweigh the risks
• For 'Innovator' businesses - those adopting mobile early - 28% use Android devices, 26% use iOS devices
• Three-quarters of Innovators have company polices for the use of 'work' smartphones/tablets
• Innovators have shown 44% revenue growth and 34% profit growth\
• 'Traditionals' - those adopting mobile more slowly - have shown 30% revenue growth and 23% profit growth
Symantec's suggestions for those entering the mobile space?
First, don't wait. Adopting slowly is fine, find the researchers, but ignoring mobile will likely push your brand far behind.
Second, if looking for a place to begin, start with applications. Apps have shown to have positive productivity benefits for employees.
Third, Traditionals should pay attention to what Innovators are doing in the mobile space - and follow their lead.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...