News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile influencing purchases, not converting
When it comes to the mobile space, an important line is being drawn in the ether: that of influence by not necessarily conversion. New data out from L2 Think Tank indicates that mobiles are using increasingly using their devices - only not for purchasing.
Instead, they are using mobiles to compare prices or research products and then completing purchases in-store or via PC.
"L2 believes that the hype surrounding m-commerce is giving way to the reality of m-influence--in-store retail sales driven by, but not consummated, on smartphones and tablets," said Scott Galloway, Clinical Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern, and Founder, L2 Think Tank.
Meanwhile, a new study out from ReRez Research on behalf of Symantec shows how quickly - or not - many brands are adopting the mobile space. According to the results:
• 66% say the benefits of mobile outweigh the risks
• For 'Innovator' businesses - those adopting mobile early - 28% use Android devices, 26% use iOS devices
• Three-quarters of Innovators have company polices for the use of 'work' smartphones/tablets
• Innovators have shown 44% revenue growth and 34% profit growth\
• 'Traditionals' - those adopting mobile more slowly - have shown 30% revenue growth and 23% profit growth
Symantec's suggestions for those entering the mobile space?
First, don't wait. Adopting slowly is fine, find the researchers, but ignoring mobile will likely push your brand far behind.
Second, if looking for a place to begin, start with applications. Apps have shown to have positive productivity benefits for employees.
Third, Traditionals should pay attention to what Innovators are doing in the mobile space - and follow their lead.
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
- Top 3 tips for chatbot, CSE integrations
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...