News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Game ads outperforming standard units
Attention advertisers: if you're looking for a higher campaign ROI, don't look to standard units. Look outside of the box and into the game. According to new data out today from MediaBrix both social and mobile game ad units are outperforming standard units - even those including video content.
"It comes as no surprise that social and mobile gaming advertising sees results 30-100 times better than standard online advertising campaigns," said Ari Brandt, CEO and Co-founder, MediaBrix. "This is largely due to the fact that people are driven by a deep well of positive emotions--such as joy, excitement and brand affinity--when playing social and mobile games. In-game ads offer marketers 100% share of voice through 100% viewable ads, which in turn produce digital ad campaigns that truly perform."
Researchers found that social/mobile game ads are seeing a 3% click-thru rate (CTR; average); that is 30 times higher than standard banner ads. Meanwhile social/mobile 'value exchange' ad units are seeing 11% CTRs, more than 100 times the rate of standard banners. These 'value exchange' ads offer rewards for viewers who click onto them and view the full ad. Other interesting findings include:
• CTR for standard banners stands at 0.10% (Average)
• CTR for rich media banners stands at 0.12% (Average)
• Facebook ad CTRs are between 0.03% and 0.11% (Average)
And it isn't just the clicks that are getting attention - the engagement rates for social/mobile game ads are also skewing higher. The average is about 20% for mobile or social game ads while the average engagement rate for a Facebook Brand Page is 0.50% and engagement rates for pre-roll video is between 0.7% - 3.64% (via eMarketer).
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
- Platform promises to connect marketers, consumers
- Mobile app shoppers generate more revenue than mobile website and desktop shoppers
- Mums turn to Facebook for recommendations and parenting communities
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...