News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Game ads outperforming standard units
Attention advertisers: if you're looking for a higher campaign ROI, don't look to standard units. Look outside of the box and into the game. According to new data out today from MediaBrix both social and mobile game ad units are outperforming standard units - even those including video content.
"It comes as no surprise that social and mobile gaming advertising sees results 30-100 times better than standard online advertising campaigns," said Ari Brandt, CEO and Co-founder, MediaBrix. "This is largely due to the fact that people are driven by a deep well of positive emotions--such as joy, excitement and brand affinity--when playing social and mobile games. In-game ads offer marketers 100% share of voice through 100% viewable ads, which in turn produce digital ad campaigns that truly perform."
Researchers found that social/mobile game ads are seeing a 3% click-thru rate (CTR; average); that is 30 times higher than standard banner ads. Meanwhile social/mobile 'value exchange' ad units are seeing 11% CTRs, more than 100 times the rate of standard banners. These 'value exchange' ads offer rewards for viewers who click onto them and view the full ad. Other interesting findings include:
• CTR for standard banners stands at 0.10% (Average)
• CTR for rich media banners stands at 0.12% (Average)
• Facebook ad CTRs are between 0.03% and 0.11% (Average)
And it isn't just the clicks that are getting attention - the engagement rates for social/mobile game ads are also skewing higher. The average is about 20% for mobile or social game ads while the average engagement rate for a Facebook Brand Page is 0.50% and engagement rates for pre-roll video is between 0.7% - 3.64% (via eMarketer).
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
- Retail Internet of Things spend forecast to reach $2.5 billion by 2020
- Vloggers under-utilized by brand marketers targeting Millennials
- Report: Mobile web use doubles
- Ad Roundup: Tools to improve experience
Featured White Papers
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...