News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Game ads outperforming standard units
Attention advertisers: if you're looking for a higher campaign ROI, don't look to standard units. Look outside of the box and into the game. According to new data out today from MediaBrix both social and mobile game ad units are outperforming standard units - even those including video content.
"It comes as no surprise that social and mobile gaming advertising sees results 30-100 times better than standard online advertising campaigns," said Ari Brandt, CEO and Co-founder, MediaBrix. "This is largely due to the fact that people are driven by a deep well of positive emotions--such as joy, excitement and brand affinity--when playing social and mobile games. In-game ads offer marketers 100% share of voice through 100% viewable ads, which in turn produce digital ad campaigns that truly perform."
Researchers found that social/mobile game ads are seeing a 3% click-thru rate (CTR; average); that is 30 times higher than standard banner ads. Meanwhile social/mobile 'value exchange' ad units are seeing 11% CTRs, more than 100 times the rate of standard banners. These 'value exchange' ads offer rewards for viewers who click onto them and view the full ad. Other interesting findings include:
• CTR for standard banners stands at 0.10% (Average)
• CTR for rich media banners stands at 0.12% (Average)
• Facebook ad CTRs are between 0.03% and 0.11% (Average)
And it isn't just the clicks that are getting attention - the engagement rates for social/mobile game ads are also skewing higher. The average is about 20% for mobile or social game ads while the average engagement rate for a Facebook Brand Page is 0.50% and engagement rates for pre-roll video is between 0.7% - 3.64% (via eMarketer).
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...