News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Game ads outperforming standard units
Attention advertisers: if you're looking for a higher campaign ROI, don't look to standard units. Look outside of the box and into the game. According to new data out today from MediaBrix both social and mobile game ad units are outperforming standard units - even those including video content.
"It comes as no surprise that social and mobile gaming advertising sees results 30-100 times better than standard online advertising campaigns," said Ari Brandt, CEO and Co-founder, MediaBrix. "This is largely due to the fact that people are driven by a deep well of positive emotions--such as joy, excitement and brand affinity--when playing social and mobile games. In-game ads offer marketers 100% share of voice through 100% viewable ads, which in turn produce digital ad campaigns that truly perform."
Researchers found that social/mobile game ads are seeing a 3% click-thru rate (CTR; average); that is 30 times higher than standard banner ads. Meanwhile social/mobile 'value exchange' ad units are seeing 11% CTRs, more than 100 times the rate of standard banners. These 'value exchange' ads offer rewards for viewers who click onto them and view the full ad. Other interesting findings include:
• CTR for standard banners stands at 0.10% (Average)
• CTR for rich media banners stands at 0.12% (Average)
• Facebook ad CTRs are between 0.03% and 0.11% (Average)
And it isn't just the clicks that are getting attention - the engagement rates for social/mobile game ads are also skewing higher. The average is about 20% for mobile or social game ads while the average engagement rate for a Facebook Brand Page is 0.50% and engagement rates for pre-roll video is between 0.7% - 3.64% (via eMarketer).
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...