News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report finds Boomers leading the entrepreneurial way
It may seem as if more Gen Y or Millennials are working for themselves rather than a corporation, but new data shows older workers actually take more risk when it comes to starting a business.
According to new data out from Monster Worldwide and Millennial Branding 42% of those surveyed believe they have the 'creative freedom' to potentially start a new business. But less than one-quarter (23%) feel encouraged to actually work on their entrepreneur projects.
Some interesting findings include:
• 32% of Gen Yers consider themselves entrepreneurs
• 41% of Gen Xers consider themselves entrepreneurs
• 45% of Boomers considers themselves entrepreneurs
"The internet has created unique entrepreneurial opportunities, not just for Millennials but for all generations," said Dan Schawbel, Founder of Millennial Branding and author of Promote Yourself. "We don't see the same barriers to entry to starting a new business as we saw 10 years ago. Everyone has the technology to connect and now all you need is an innovative idea and website to create a startup."
What's more, when it comes to actually starting up a new business about 28% of Gen Y respondents say they're 'high risk' but 40% of Gen Xers and 43% of Boomers said they were willing to take risks to start a new business.
"Despite the reports that say Gen Y is the most entrepreneurial generation, our study shows that Gen X and Boomers consider themselves to be entrepreneurs over Gen Y," said Schwabel. "This could be because older generations have more experience, resources and are in decision making roles that enable them to bring new ideas and projects to life."
You can read more about the study here.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...