News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over 10% of 2012 sales via Bigcommerce completed on mobile
New data from online ecommerce and mcommerce platform Bicgommerce reveals that a growing number of consumers using its platform are completing sales on a mobile device.
According to Bigcommerce's data for 2012, mobile accounted for 10.2%, or $84.3 million, of its online clients' sales.
Of those sales via mobile, $46.4 million were made on an iPad and $24.9 million on an iPhone. Just $13 million in sales were made on a mobile device running the Android operating system.
While these figures jar with market share data - comScore estimates Android has a 52.5% share of the smartphone market compared to Apple's 34.3% - CEO and founder of Bigcommerce, Eddie Machaalani, thinks he knows why.
"Android is more prevalent in numbers because it is licensed to multiple manufacturers that offer their products at multiple price points, both the low and high ends of the market," Machaalani said.
"Apple products seem to cater to a higher end of the market that may have more discretionary income. This will certainly be an interesting space to watch as smartphones become more prevalent and price points continue to shift."
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...