News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over 10% of 2012 sales via Bigcommerce completed on mobile
New data from online ecommerce and mcommerce platform Bicgommerce reveals that a growing number of consumers using its platform are completing sales on a mobile device.
According to Bigcommerce's data for 2012, mobile accounted for 10.2%, or $84.3 million, of its online clients' sales.
Of those sales via mobile, $46.4 million were made on an iPad and $24.9 million on an iPhone. Just $13 million in sales were made on a mobile device running the Android operating system.
While these figures jar with market share data - comScore estimates Android has a 52.5% share of the smartphone market compared to Apple's 34.3% - CEO and founder of Bigcommerce, Eddie Machaalani, thinks he knows why.
"Android is more prevalent in numbers because it is licensed to multiple manufacturers that offer their products at multiple price points, both the low and high ends of the market," Machaalani said.
"Apple products seem to cater to a higher end of the market that may have more discretionary income. This will certainly be an interesting space to watch as smartphones become more prevalent and price points continue to shift."
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...