News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over 10% of 2012 sales via Bigcommerce completed on mobile
New data from online ecommerce and mcommerce platform Bicgommerce reveals that a growing number of consumers using its platform are completing sales on a mobile device.
According to Bigcommerce's data for 2012, mobile accounted for 10.2%, or $84.3 million, of its online clients' sales.
Of those sales via mobile, $46.4 million were made on an iPad and $24.9 million on an iPhone. Just $13 million in sales were made on a mobile device running the Android operating system.
While these figures jar with market share data - comScore estimates Android has a 52.5% share of the smartphone market compared to Apple's 34.3% - CEO and founder of Bigcommerce, Eddie Machaalani, thinks he knows why.
"Android is more prevalent in numbers because it is licensed to multiple manufacturers that offer their products at multiple price points, both the low and high ends of the market," Machaalani said.
"Apple products seem to cater to a higher end of the market that may have more discretionary income. This will certainly be an interesting space to watch as smartphones become more prevalent and price points continue to shift."
- The effect of clutter on ad gaze time and viewability
- Women in UK leading the way in mobile shopping
- Today's consumers want more from loyalty programs
- Expert: MCommerce nearing tipping point
- Merchants: How to make wishlists work for you
- Top 3 tips to better source loyalty data
- 57% of consumers do not trust a business with their data
- 39% turn blind eye to branded social media posts
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...