News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nucleus: More than a quarter of travel website browsing via mobile
UK-based brand and digital consultancy, Nucleus, has released findings of a web browsing study that reveals over a quarter of traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile, a significant increase from six months ago.
In June, 2012, 20.5% of traffic to travel websites came from mobile browsers. Six months on and that figure has jumped 31.7% to 27.1%, found Nucleus in Wave 4 of their Mobile Web Browsing Survey. Three out of the 10 travel websites studied now have mobile traffic levels of more than 30%.
The study of 10 travel websites, accounting for 1.7 million unique visitors, found that Apple continues to account for the biggest share of mobile devices with 88.3%, up from 84.9% six months ago. The iPad alone accounts for 62% of all mobile traffic despite growing competition from other tablets and large screen smartphones.
While traffic from Android devices has risen on the more price sensitive mass market websites, the average penetration of website browsing was found to have remained at a steady 7-8%. iPod, Blackberry and Symbian smartphones together represented less than 1% of mobile browsing on the studied websites.
"What we are observing is a continuing significant change in user behavior," writes Nucleus founder and chief executive, Peter Matthews, on the company blog. "The trajectory of the growth curve confirms it won't be long before mobile browsers exceed PC users and we wave goodbye to the PC-era."
A full copy of the survey and findings can be viewed online (.pdf).
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...