News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nucleus: More than a quarter of travel website browsing via mobile
UK-based brand and digital consultancy, Nucleus, has released findings of a web browsing study that reveals over a quarter of traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile, a significant increase from six months ago.
In June, 2012, 20.5% of traffic to travel websites came from mobile browsers. Six months on and that figure has jumped 31.7% to 27.1%, found Nucleus in Wave 4 of their Mobile Web Browsing Survey. Three out of the 10 travel websites studied now have mobile traffic levels of more than 30%.
The study of 10 travel websites, accounting for 1.7 million unique visitors, found that Apple continues to account for the biggest share of mobile devices with 88.3%, up from 84.9% six months ago. The iPad alone accounts for 62% of all mobile traffic despite growing competition from other tablets and large screen smartphones.
While traffic from Android devices has risen on the more price sensitive mass market websites, the average penetration of website browsing was found to have remained at a steady 7-8%. iPod, Blackberry and Symbian smartphones together represented less than 1% of mobile browsing on the studied websites.
"What we are observing is a continuing significant change in user behavior," writes Nucleus founder and chief executive, Peter Matthews, on the company blog. "The trajectory of the growth curve confirms it won't be long before mobile browsers exceed PC users and we wave goodbye to the PC-era."
A full copy of the survey and findings can be viewed online (.pdf).
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...