News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nucleus: More than a quarter of travel website browsing via mobile
UK-based brand and digital consultancy, Nucleus, has released findings of a web browsing study that reveals over a quarter of traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile, a significant increase from six months ago.
In June, 2012, 20.5% of traffic to travel websites came from mobile browsers. Six months on and that figure has jumped 31.7% to 27.1%, found Nucleus in Wave 4 of their Mobile Web Browsing Survey. Three out of the 10 travel websites studied now have mobile traffic levels of more than 30%.
The study of 10 travel websites, accounting for 1.7 million unique visitors, found that Apple continues to account for the biggest share of mobile devices with 88.3%, up from 84.9% six months ago. The iPad alone accounts for 62% of all mobile traffic despite growing competition from other tablets and large screen smartphones.
While traffic from Android devices has risen on the more price sensitive mass market websites, the average penetration of website browsing was found to have remained at a steady 7-8%. iPod, Blackberry and Symbian smartphones together represented less than 1% of mobile browsing on the studied websites.
"What we are observing is a continuing significant change in user behavior," writes Nucleus founder and chief executive, Peter Matthews, on the company blog. "The trajectory of the growth curve confirms it won't be long before mobile browsers exceed PC users and we wave goodbye to the PC-era."
A full copy of the survey and findings can be viewed online (.pdf).
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...