News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nucleus: More than a quarter of travel website browsing via mobile
UK-based brand and digital consultancy, Nucleus, has released findings of a web browsing study that reveals over a quarter of traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile, a significant increase from six months ago.
In June, 2012, 20.5% of traffic to travel websites came from mobile browsers. Six months on and that figure has jumped 31.7% to 27.1%, found Nucleus in Wave 4 of their Mobile Web Browsing Survey. Three out of the 10 travel websites studied now have mobile traffic levels of more than 30%.
The study of 10 travel websites, accounting for 1.7 million unique visitors, found that Apple continues to account for the biggest share of mobile devices with 88.3%, up from 84.9% six months ago. The iPad alone accounts for 62% of all mobile traffic despite growing competition from other tablets and large screen smartphones.
While traffic from Android devices has risen on the more price sensitive mass market websites, the average penetration of website browsing was found to have remained at a steady 7-8%. iPod, Blackberry and Symbian smartphones together represented less than 1% of mobile browsing on the studied websites.
"What we are observing is a continuing significant change in user behavior," writes Nucleus founder and chief executive, Peter Matthews, on the company blog. "The trajectory of the growth curve confirms it won't be long before mobile browsers exceed PC users and we wave goodbye to the PC-era."
A full copy of the survey and findings can be viewed online (.pdf).
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....