News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
NCH: 305 billion coupons clipped in 2012
Billions of coupons are being clipped and downloaded each year, but according to new data from NCH Marketing the overall use coupons remains steady. Instead of huge growth spikes, different types of businesses are taking advantage of coupons in different years.
The NCH Marketing report shows that of the 305 billion coupons offered (2012) from CPG brands, nearly 5% more (2011 vs. 2012) were for non-food items. Health and beauty departments, for example, made up more of the coupons offered throughout the year. Meanwhile about 6.5% fewer food coupons were offered from brands in 2012.
In fact, less than 3 billion CPG coupons were redeemed in 2012, a 17% decrease from 2011. Other interesting findings include:
• 46% of those using fewer coupons (2012 vs. 2011) say it's because they 'can't find coupons for products I want to buy'
• 79% of those surveyed say they 'regularly shop' using CPG coupons
• 90% of CPG coupons were from free standing inserts
One interesting trend found was that about 6% of all coupon redemptions are now print-at-home rather than Sunday circular types.
According to a recent report from Juniper Research about 10 billion mobile coupons will be downloaded in 2013; that volume, though high, is expected to account for only about 10% of the overall coupon clipping/downloading.
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...