News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
NCH: 305 billion coupons clipped in 2012
Billions of coupons are being clipped and downloaded each year, but according to new data from NCH Marketing the overall use coupons remains steady. Instead of huge growth spikes, different types of businesses are taking advantage of coupons in different years.
The NCH Marketing report shows that of the 305 billion coupons offered (2012) from CPG brands, nearly 5% more (2011 vs. 2012) were for non-food items. Health and beauty departments, for example, made up more of the coupons offered throughout the year. Meanwhile about 6.5% fewer food coupons were offered from brands in 2012.
In fact, less than 3 billion CPG coupons were redeemed in 2012, a 17% decrease from 2011. Other interesting findings include:
• 46% of those using fewer coupons (2012 vs. 2011) say it's because they 'can't find coupons for products I want to buy'
• 79% of those surveyed say they 'regularly shop' using CPG coupons
• 90% of CPG coupons were from free standing inserts
One interesting trend found was that about 6% of all coupon redemptions are now print-at-home rather than Sunday circular types.
According to a recent report from Juniper Research about 10 billion mobile coupons will be downloaded in 2013; that volume, though high, is expected to account for only about 10% of the overall coupon clipping/downloading.
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
- Expert: How Siri, Echo are changing content needs
- Costumes are big business again this Halloween
- Mobile to play increasing role in holiday season shopping
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....