News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
NCH: 305 billion coupons clipped in 2012
Billions of coupons are being clipped and downloaded each year, but according to new data from NCH Marketing the overall use coupons remains steady. Instead of huge growth spikes, different types of businesses are taking advantage of coupons in different years.
The NCH Marketing report shows that of the 305 billion coupons offered (2012) from CPG brands, nearly 5% more (2011 vs. 2012) were for non-food items. Health and beauty departments, for example, made up more of the coupons offered throughout the year. Meanwhile about 6.5% fewer food coupons were offered from brands in 2012.
In fact, less than 3 billion CPG coupons were redeemed in 2012, a 17% decrease from 2011. Other interesting findings include:
• 46% of those using fewer coupons (2012 vs. 2011) say it's because they 'can't find coupons for products I want to buy'
• 79% of those surveyed say they 'regularly shop' using CPG coupons
• 90% of CPG coupons were from free standing inserts
One interesting trend found was that about 6% of all coupon redemptions are now print-at-home rather than Sunday circular types.
According to a recent report from Juniper Research about 10 billion mobile coupons will be downloaded in 2013; that volume, though high, is expected to account for only about 10% of the overall coupon clipping/downloading.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...