News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile users wait until last minute to plan Valentine's Day gifts, travel
Whether it's travel or a meal out, mobile users are found to be increasingly 'last minute' in their efforts to plan the perfect Valentine's Day for their partner.
Valentine's Day breaks remain popular but are increasingly being booked last minute, according to new research from travel site ebookers.com (via Travelbite).
The time between booking a Valentine's destination and the date of travel is getting shorter, found ebookers.com. Today, 22% of hotel bookings for a romantic break are left until less than three days before travel.
"As people are leading busier lives it's not surprising that we're seeing bookings left until the last minute," says Jessica Craker, UK Marketing Manager, ebookers.com. "There can be a lot of pressure to get it right on Valentine's day and we understand customers just want it to be an easy decision when booking a romantic holiday."
When it comes to mobile users, they are very last minute. In 2012, of the bookings made in the lead-up to Valentine's Day on a mobile device, 72% were booked on Valentine's Day itself.
Whether the timing was due to being too busy to make prior plans, or whether lovers were waiting for last minute deals via mobile, was not revealed in ebookers.com's research.
Another study, this time from MobiStealth, reveals an increasing reliance on mobiles for arranging Valentine's Day surprises and purchasing gifts. And again, the research reveals many people, around 20%, wait until the last minute before sorting out something for loved ones.
The question is, are mobile users simply forgetful, too busy or too disorganized, or is it just that the best way to make a last-minute booking or purchase without a partner discovering a lack of forethought is via your most private of communication devices? Or maybe mobile users are conditioned to wait until the last minute to receive the best deals?
What do you think?
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...