News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile users wait until last minute to plan Valentine's Day gifts, travel
Whether it's travel or a meal out, mobile users are found to be increasingly 'last minute' in their efforts to plan the perfect Valentine's Day for their partner.
Valentine's Day breaks remain popular but are increasingly being booked last minute, according to new research from travel site ebookers.com (via Travelbite).
The time between booking a Valentine's destination and the date of travel is getting shorter, found ebookers.com. Today, 22% of hotel bookings for a romantic break are left until less than three days before travel.
"As people are leading busier lives it's not surprising that we're seeing bookings left until the last minute," says Jessica Craker, UK Marketing Manager, ebookers.com. "There can be a lot of pressure to get it right on Valentine's day and we understand customers just want it to be an easy decision when booking a romantic holiday."
When it comes to mobile users, they are very last minute. In 2012, of the bookings made in the lead-up to Valentine's Day on a mobile device, 72% were booked on Valentine's Day itself.
Whether the timing was due to being too busy to make prior plans, or whether lovers were waiting for last minute deals via mobile, was not revealed in ebookers.com's research.
Another study, this time from MobiStealth, reveals an increasing reliance on mobiles for arranging Valentine's Day surprises and purchasing gifts. And again, the research reveals many people, around 20%, wait until the last minute before sorting out something for loved ones.
The question is, are mobile users simply forgetful, too busy or too disorganized, or is it just that the best way to make a last-minute booking or purchase without a partner discovering a lack of forethought is via your most private of communication devices? Or maybe mobile users are conditioned to wait until the last minute to receive the best deals?
What do you think?
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...