News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile users wait until last minute to plan Valentine's Day gifts, travel
Whether it's travel or a meal out, mobile users are found to be increasingly 'last minute' in their efforts to plan the perfect Valentine's Day for their partner.
Valentine's Day breaks remain popular but are increasingly being booked last minute, according to new research from travel site ebookers.com (via Travelbite).
The time between booking a Valentine's destination and the date of travel is getting shorter, found ebookers.com. Today, 22% of hotel bookings for a romantic break are left until less than three days before travel.
"As people are leading busier lives it's not surprising that we're seeing bookings left until the last minute," says Jessica Craker, UK Marketing Manager, ebookers.com. "There can be a lot of pressure to get it right on Valentine's day and we understand customers just want it to be an easy decision when booking a romantic holiday."
When it comes to mobile users, they are very last minute. In 2012, of the bookings made in the lead-up to Valentine's Day on a mobile device, 72% were booked on Valentine's Day itself.
Whether the timing was due to being too busy to make prior plans, or whether lovers were waiting for last minute deals via mobile, was not revealed in ebookers.com's research.
Another study, this time from MobiStealth, reveals an increasing reliance on mobiles for arranging Valentine's Day surprises and purchasing gifts. And again, the research reveals many people, around 20%, wait until the last minute before sorting out something for loved ones.
The question is, are mobile users simply forgetful, too busy or too disorganized, or is it just that the best way to make a last-minute booking or purchase without a partner discovering a lack of forethought is via your most private of communication devices? Or maybe mobile users are conditioned to wait until the last minute to receive the best deals?
What do you think?
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...