News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Intela: Mobile-optimized email key trigger for mobile purchases
Smartphone owners in the U.S. and U.K. are more confident about spending larger amounts of money via their mobile device, according to new research from performance marketing firm Intela.
Thanks to what the report calls the "iTunes effect", more mobile users now have the confidence to spend more via their smartphone.
The latest "Intela Mobile Consumer Report", which polled 1,000 smartphone users in the U.S., and the same number in the U.K., found that almost one in two U.S. consumers (44%) and 40% of U.K. consumers are now more likely to make a purchase over their mobile device compared to a year ago.
More good news for marketers in the m-commerce space - over half (56%) overall are now happy to spend over $10 via their device. It's not an earth-shattering value, but it's on the increase, and the research reveals consumers are ready to make larger mobile purchases, some more than $100.
When asked what triggers influence mobile users to make a purchase, mobile-optimized email shone through. While mobile display ads drove just 1% of U.K. smartphone owners to make a purchase, and zero U.S. consumers, mobile-optimized email messages were the key trigger for 27% of Brits and 36% of Americans.
"Generally people decide to make purchases for two reasons, the first being urgent need and the second, irrational passion," said Guénolé Le Gall, head of mobile for Intela. "Mobile performance marketing responds particularly well to the 'irrational passion' mind-set, tapping into people's aspirations, such as wanting a holiday or the latest gadget."
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...