News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Half of small businesses never update their online search, directory listings
In a poll of more than 350 small businesses, ConstantContact's SinglePlatform division found that nearly half have never updated their online listings, making it hard for customers to find them and providing inaccurate information.
Most small businesses (85%) know the importance of being found on major search engines, apps and directory sites. Over three-quarters (78%) believe it is through these channels that they gain new customers.
However, despite knowing the importance of providing consumers with their business information, SinglePlatform's poll also reveals that 49% have never updated their online or mobile listings. Just as worrying is that half of businesses have seen business listings that are inaccurate.
"Consumers are using the internet as a discovery engine and the opportunity for a local business to be found by their next great customer continues to grow," said Wiley Cerilli, vice president and general manager of SinglePlatform. "It is important for small businesses to list their products, services, and menus across the sites that consumers use to make their purchasing decisions."
So why aren't businesses keeping their online information up to date? For 70% it's a case of not having the time to manage and maintain their listings.
"We know that small businesses are both time- and resource-starved, limiting their ability to update listings on every major site and app," said Cerilli.
That's where services such as SinglePlatform and UBL come in. They enable businesses to update listings from one place, ensuring that the information consumers discover online, and via mobile, is the most up to date.
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...