News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Half of small businesses never update their online search, directory listings
In a poll of more than 350 small businesses, ConstantContact's SinglePlatform division found that nearly half have never updated their online listings, making it hard for customers to find them and providing inaccurate information.
Most small businesses (85%) know the importance of being found on major search engines, apps and directory sites. Over three-quarters (78%) believe it is through these channels that they gain new customers.
However, despite knowing the importance of providing consumers with their business information, SinglePlatform's poll also reveals that 49% have never updated their online or mobile listings. Just as worrying is that half of businesses have seen business listings that are inaccurate.
"Consumers are using the internet as a discovery engine and the opportunity for a local business to be found by their next great customer continues to grow," said Wiley Cerilli, vice president and general manager of SinglePlatform. "It is important for small businesses to list their products, services, and menus across the sites that consumers use to make their purchasing decisions."
So why aren't businesses keeping their online information up to date? For 70% it's a case of not having the time to manage and maintain their listings.
"We know that small businesses are both time- and resource-starved, limiting their ability to update listings on every major site and app," said Cerilli.
That's where services such as SinglePlatform and UBL come in. They enable businesses to update listings from one place, ensuring that the information consumers discover online, and via mobile, is the most up to date.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...