News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Half of small businesses never update their online search, directory listings
In a poll of more than 350 small businesses, ConstantContact's SinglePlatform division found that nearly half have never updated their online listings, making it hard for customers to find them and providing inaccurate information.
Most small businesses (85%) know the importance of being found on major search engines, apps and directory sites. Over three-quarters (78%) believe it is through these channels that they gain new customers.
However, despite knowing the importance of providing consumers with their business information, SinglePlatform's poll also reveals that 49% have never updated their online or mobile listings. Just as worrying is that half of businesses have seen business listings that are inaccurate.
"Consumers are using the internet as a discovery engine and the opportunity for a local business to be found by their next great customer continues to grow," said Wiley Cerilli, vice president and general manager of SinglePlatform. "It is important for small businesses to list their products, services, and menus across the sites that consumers use to make their purchasing decisions."
So why aren't businesses keeping their online information up to date? For 70% it's a case of not having the time to manage and maintain their listings.
"We know that small businesses are both time- and resource-starved, limiting their ability to update listings on every major site and app," said Cerilli.
That's where services such as SinglePlatform and UBL come in. They enable businesses to update listings from one place, ensuring that the information consumers discover online, and via mobile, is the most up to date.
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
- Expert: How to better leverage content via mobile
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....