News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Half of hoteliers integrate booking engines into social channels
Almost half of hotels now integrate booking engines into their social media channels, according to a survey by TravelClick, and half have an app that enables hotel booking from mobile devices.
Revenue generating solutions provider, TravelClick, has released the findings of its survey of 400 hotels around the globe regarding their use of social and mobile booking features.
Almost half (48%) have already integrated a booking engine with Facebook or another social channel. Of the 52% who have not made this feature available on social, 22.5% plan to integrate one in 2013.
"With so many users relying on Facebook for research and information, it is critical that hotels make it easy for consumers to use Facebook to initiate a booking," said Jason Ewell, Executive Vice President of Media, Web Solutions and Business Intelligence.
Mobile-optimized websites and apps are also becoming popular among hoteliers. Over half (56%) already have an app that allows hotel room booking from a mobile device and of the remaining 44%, 23% plan to add this feature to their mobile website in 2013.
When asked which channel they thought would see the most growth in bookings this year, 53% thought it would be via their own website. Search engines and social media were second with approximately 20% apiece.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...