News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ForeSee: Showrooming as much of an opportunity as a threat
The new ForeSee Mobile Satisfaction Survey: Holiday Edition reveals that showrooming is as much of an opportunity for retailers as a threat with most consumers who use their phone in-store using it to access that store's site.
Of the 6,200 or so consumers surveyed by ForeSee, 70% said they use their mobile device while in a store. However, almost two-thirds (62%) of those using their mobile device in a store were visiting that store's site.
Furthermore, 1 in 5 was using that store's app.
So, while showrooming does exist, it isn't necessarily as much of a threat as retailers perceive it to be. However, the competitive threat of showrooming does exist, as 37% reported accessing a competitor's site or app while in a store.
"Customers are using their mobile phones as integrated parts of their shopping experience," said Eric Feinberg, senior director mobile at ForeSee.
"Mobile is the ultimate companion channel, making showrooming as much of an opportunity as it is a threat. Retailers need to engage their customers equally well through all channels, especially through mobile sites and apps, or risk losing customers and sales to competitors that do a better job of meeting their needs."
ForeSee's survey also found that, as technology and adoption by marketers enhances the experience, consumer satisfaction with the mobile retail experience has improved. According to the satisfaction rankings, Amazon is the company with which most mobile users are most satisfied followed by Apple and QVC in second place and Victoria's Secret and NewEgg in third.
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...