News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ForeSee: Showrooming as much of an opportunity as a threat
The new ForeSee Mobile Satisfaction Survey: Holiday Edition reveals that showrooming is as much of an opportunity for retailers as a threat with most consumers who use their phone in-store using it to access that store's site.
Of the 6,200 or so consumers surveyed by ForeSee, 70% said they use their mobile device while in a store. However, almost two-thirds (62%) of those using their mobile device in a store were visiting that store's site.
Furthermore, 1 in 5 was using that store's app.
So, while showrooming does exist, it isn't necessarily as much of a threat as retailers perceive it to be. However, the competitive threat of showrooming does exist, as 37% reported accessing a competitor's site or app while in a store.
"Customers are using their mobile phones as integrated parts of their shopping experience," said Eric Feinberg, senior director mobile at ForeSee.
"Mobile is the ultimate companion channel, making showrooming as much of an opportunity as it is a threat. Retailers need to engage their customers equally well through all channels, especially through mobile sites and apps, or risk losing customers and sales to competitors that do a better job of meeting their needs."
ForeSee's survey also found that, as technology and adoption by marketers enhances the experience, consumer satisfaction with the mobile retail experience has improved. According to the satisfaction rankings, Amazon is the company with which most mobile users are most satisfied followed by Apple and QVC in second place and Victoria's Secret and NewEgg in third.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...