News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ForeSee: Showrooming as much of an opportunity as a threat
The new ForeSee Mobile Satisfaction Survey: Holiday Edition reveals that showrooming is as much of an opportunity for retailers as a threat with most consumers who use their phone in-store using it to access that store's site.
Of the 6,200 or so consumers surveyed by ForeSee, 70% said they use their mobile device while in a store. However, almost two-thirds (62%) of those using their mobile device in a store were visiting that store's site.
Furthermore, 1 in 5 was using that store's app.
So, while showrooming does exist, it isn't necessarily as much of a threat as retailers perceive it to be. However, the competitive threat of showrooming does exist, as 37% reported accessing a competitor's site or app while in a store.
"Customers are using their mobile phones as integrated parts of their shopping experience," said Eric Feinberg, senior director mobile at ForeSee.
"Mobile is the ultimate companion channel, making showrooming as much of an opportunity as it is a threat. Retailers need to engage their customers equally well through all channels, especially through mobile sites and apps, or risk losing customers and sales to competitors that do a better job of meeting their needs."
ForeSee's survey also found that, as technology and adoption by marketers enhances the experience, consumer satisfaction with the mobile retail experience has improved. According to the satisfaction rankings, Amazon is the company with which most mobile users are most satisfied followed by Apple and QVC in second place and Victoria's Secret and NewEgg in third.
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
- Brands risk reputation when delivery speeds do not match purchaser expectations
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...