News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ForeSee: Showrooming as much of an opportunity as a threat
The new ForeSee Mobile Satisfaction Survey: Holiday Edition reveals that showrooming is as much of an opportunity for retailers as a threat with most consumers who use their phone in-store using it to access that store's site.
Of the 6,200 or so consumers surveyed by ForeSee, 70% said they use their mobile device while in a store. However, almost two-thirds (62%) of those using their mobile device in a store were visiting that store's site.
Furthermore, 1 in 5 was using that store's app.
So, while showrooming does exist, it isn't necessarily as much of a threat as retailers perceive it to be. However, the competitive threat of showrooming does exist, as 37% reported accessing a competitor's site or app while in a store.
"Customers are using their mobile phones as integrated parts of their shopping experience," said Eric Feinberg, senior director mobile at ForeSee.
"Mobile is the ultimate companion channel, making showrooming as much of an opportunity as it is a threat. Retailers need to engage their customers equally well through all channels, especially through mobile sites and apps, or risk losing customers and sales to competitors that do a better job of meeting their needs."
ForeSee's survey also found that, as technology and adoption by marketers enhances the experience, consumer satisfaction with the mobile retail experience has improved. According to the satisfaction rankings, Amazon is the company with which most mobile users are most satisfied followed by Apple and QVC in second place and Victoria's Secret and NewEgg in third.
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...