News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experian: More shoppers turning to showrooming
Retailers, in the quest to engage more shoppers, it may be wise to embrace showrooming. A new report on retail trends out from Experian Marketing Services indicates more and more shoppers are showrooming - and brands that allow for online price matching are making progress.
According to the report nearly 60% of US adults consider themselves 'always on' - using email from multiple devices, and although the Fiscal Cliff and general economic uncertainty are causing some consumers to tighten their spending belts, many are simply turning to the Internet to find better prices rather than completely cutting off their new buys.
"The way consumers gain information from brands -- the means by which they get it, even the ways in which they process it -- is constantly evolving given the complexity of our multichannel world and evolving consumer behavior driven by economic variables," said Bill Tancer, general manager of global research for Experian Marketing Services. "With the recent retail numbers coming out of January, retailers can anticipate consumer hesitation, making it imperative that marketers create integrated customer experiences and maximize digital marketing opportunities and return on investment."
Other interesting findings include:
• Millennials are as likely to be reached via mobile device as television
• 36% of US brands now engage with consumers across at least 5 channels
• 18-24 years olds send more than 2,000 texts per month (average) and 48% report text conversations are 'as meaningful' as phone calls
• 8% of all smartphone owner say they've shopped via mobile in a given month
Because so many shoppers are 'always on', Experian advises retailers to take mobile into greater consideration. Researchers highlight the fact that 52% of Millennials are average or above average in early tech adoption. They also not that personalized emails have 29% higher open rates and 41% higher click-thrus.
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...