News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experian: More shoppers turning to showrooming
Retailers, in the quest to engage more shoppers, it may be wise to embrace showrooming. A new report on retail trends out from Experian Marketing Services indicates more and more shoppers are showrooming - and brands that allow for online price matching are making progress.
According to the report nearly 60% of US adults consider themselves 'always on' - using email from multiple devices, and although the Fiscal Cliff and general economic uncertainty are causing some consumers to tighten their spending belts, many are simply turning to the Internet to find better prices rather than completely cutting off their new buys.
"The way consumers gain information from brands -- the means by which they get it, even the ways in which they process it -- is constantly evolving given the complexity of our multichannel world and evolving consumer behavior driven by economic variables," said Bill Tancer, general manager of global research for Experian Marketing Services. "With the recent retail numbers coming out of January, retailers can anticipate consumer hesitation, making it imperative that marketers create integrated customer experiences and maximize digital marketing opportunities and return on investment."
Other interesting findings include:
• Millennials are as likely to be reached via mobile device as television
• 36% of US brands now engage with consumers across at least 5 channels
• 18-24 years olds send more than 2,000 texts per month (average) and 48% report text conversations are 'as meaningful' as phone calls
• 8% of all smartphone owner say they've shopped via mobile in a given month
Because so many shoppers are 'always on', Experian advises retailers to take mobile into greater consideration. Researchers highlight the fact that 52% of Millennials are average or above average in early tech adoption. They also not that personalized emails have 29% higher open rates and 41% higher click-thrus.
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...