News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experian: More shoppers turning to showrooming
Retailers, in the quest to engage more shoppers, it may be wise to embrace showrooming. A new report on retail trends out from Experian Marketing Services indicates more and more shoppers are showrooming - and brands that allow for online price matching are making progress.
According to the report nearly 60% of US adults consider themselves 'always on' - using email from multiple devices, and although the Fiscal Cliff and general economic uncertainty are causing some consumers to tighten their spending belts, many are simply turning to the Internet to find better prices rather than completely cutting off their new buys.
"The way consumers gain information from brands -- the means by which they get it, even the ways in which they process it -- is constantly evolving given the complexity of our multichannel world and evolving consumer behavior driven by economic variables," said Bill Tancer, general manager of global research for Experian Marketing Services. "With the recent retail numbers coming out of January, retailers can anticipate consumer hesitation, making it imperative that marketers create integrated customer experiences and maximize digital marketing opportunities and return on investment."
Other interesting findings include:
• Millennials are as likely to be reached via mobile device as television
• 36% of US brands now engage with consumers across at least 5 channels
• 18-24 years olds send more than 2,000 texts per month (average) and 48% report text conversations are 'as meaningful' as phone calls
• 8% of all smartphone owner say they've shopped via mobile in a given month
Because so many shoppers are 'always on', Experian advises retailers to take mobile into greater consideration. Researchers highlight the fact that 52% of Millennials are average or above average in early tech adoption. They also not that personalized emails have 29% higher open rates and 41% higher click-thrus.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...