News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Constant Contact: SMBs don't update biz listings
A new survey out today from Constant Contact underlines a short-coming of many small businesses - that they aren't keeping online listings updated. Rather than updating website, phone and even address information, many use old listings or no listings at all.
This oversight is likely costing SMBs sales because if people looking online go to an old website, for example, and it re-directs to a non-branded page the will not continue looking for that business. Instead, they'll move on to another store or business.
"Consumers are using the internet as a discovery engine and the opportunity for a local business to be found by their next great customer continues to grow," said Wiley Cerilli, vice president and general manager of SinglePlatform from Constant Contact. "It is important for small businesses to list their products, services, and menus across the sites that consumers use to make their purchasing decisions. Equally important in today's mobile world is making sure your online content like websites and digital storefronts can be viewed on mobile devices. As smartphone adoption continues to rise, being a mobile-friendly business is becoming a necessity."
According to the Constant Contact survey nearly half (49%) of SMBs surveyed say they have never updated an online business listing - via search engine, new website or even mobile application. This, despite the fact that many online consumers rely on online listings to find businesses in their area. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 78% of SMBs say new customers 'find them' via search engine listings, mobile apps and review sites
• 84% believe easily read mobile sites are crucial to businesses but only 25% know how to create an optimized mobile site
• 85% believe mobile is vital to SMBs' health
• 50% say they've seen inaccurate business listings for theirs business
• 70% say they 'don't have time' to manage business listings
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
- Retail Internet of Things spend forecast to reach $2.5 billion by 2020
- Vloggers under-utilized by brand marketers targeting Millennials
- Report: Mobile web use doubles
- Ad Roundup: Tools to improve experience
- Study finds customer service key for BTS success
Featured White Papers
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...