News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Constant Contact: SMBs don't update biz listings
A new survey out today from Constant Contact underlines a short-coming of many small businesses - that they aren't keeping online listings updated. Rather than updating website, phone and even address information, many use old listings or no listings at all.
This oversight is likely costing SMBs sales because if people looking online go to an old website, for example, and it re-directs to a non-branded page the will not continue looking for that business. Instead, they'll move on to another store or business.
"Consumers are using the internet as a discovery engine and the opportunity for a local business to be found by their next great customer continues to grow," said Wiley Cerilli, vice president and general manager of SinglePlatform from Constant Contact. "It is important for small businesses to list their products, services, and menus across the sites that consumers use to make their purchasing decisions. Equally important in today's mobile world is making sure your online content like websites and digital storefronts can be viewed on mobile devices. As smartphone adoption continues to rise, being a mobile-friendly business is becoming a necessity."
According to the Constant Contact survey nearly half (49%) of SMBs surveyed say they have never updated an online business listing - via search engine, new website or even mobile application. This, despite the fact that many online consumers rely on online listings to find businesses in their area. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 78% of SMBs say new customers 'find them' via search engine listings, mobile apps and review sites
• 84% believe easily read mobile sites are crucial to businesses but only 25% know how to create an optimized mobile site
• 85% believe mobile is vital to SMBs' health
• 50% say they've seen inaccurate business listings for theirs business
• 70% say they 'don't have time' to manage business listings
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
- Study: Millennials cautious with spending
- Study: Millennials willing to pay for rewards
- Facebook opens first office in Africa
- Mobile a key ingredient in a Millennial's kitchen
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...