News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore expands mobile tracking options
comScore is expanding its mobile measuring options to include results across platforms. While the mobile space is growing quickly, it is important that brands know not only how people are reacting via PC or mobile screens but how ads and information seen on those screens are influencing the consumer on different touchpoints.
"A critical ingredient to reporting unduplicated audiences across platforms at scale is having census-level big data assets that provide enough common touchpoints to determine audience overlap," said Serge Matta, comScore President of Commercial Solutions. "comScore's two-year focus on investing in, and building out, this massive, unmatched data is now enabling us to turn multi-platform complexity into actionable data for our clients. The granularity of our mobile data is second to none and will serve as the bedrock of our ability to deliver value to clients as they navigate the dislocation created by mobile platforms."
With the increased measurement, comScore will be able to report on the more than 400,000 tablet owners and 1 million smartphone users and over 150,000 households connected via gaming consoles or connected television screens.
"Brands and agencies have always been challenged with optimizing plan across different media channel - and even more so with the rapid adoption of mobile. Leveraging data for audience and campaign measurement not only unlocks our understanding of cross-platform overlap; it can unleash insights that fuel experience design on behalf of our clients," said Amanda Richman, President, Investment & Activation, Starcom USA.
Through comScore's new measurement options brands can obtain more accurate readings of audiences across platforms; this, in turn, should help to better scale cross-platform campaign reports. In addition:
• Brands can receive detailed consumption reports across media properties
• Receive better geographic reporting
• Improve campaign analysis to increase overall campaign ROI
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to increase viewability, deflate fraud
- Expert: The most important social metrics for brands
- Smartphones reach new milestone in U.S.
- 400% rise in alcohol advertising not turning U.S. into country of drunks
- Survey uncovers negative attitudes towards wearable tech
- Survey: A little research goes a long way for salespeople
- Mobile Roundup: Payment options, partnerships announced
- Top 5 tips for overworked SMBs
Featured White Papers