News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore expands mobile tracking options
comScore is expanding its mobile measuring options to include results across platforms. While the mobile space is growing quickly, it is important that brands know not only how people are reacting via PC or mobile screens but how ads and information seen on those screens are influencing the consumer on different touchpoints.
"A critical ingredient to reporting unduplicated audiences across platforms at scale is having census-level big data assets that provide enough common touchpoints to determine audience overlap," said Serge Matta, comScore President of Commercial Solutions. "comScore's two-year focus on investing in, and building out, this massive, unmatched data is now enabling us to turn multi-platform complexity into actionable data for our clients. The granularity of our mobile data is second to none and will serve as the bedrock of our ability to deliver value to clients as they navigate the dislocation created by mobile platforms."
With the increased measurement, comScore will be able to report on the more than 400,000 tablet owners and 1 million smartphone users and over 150,000 households connected via gaming consoles or connected television screens.
"Brands and agencies have always been challenged with optimizing plan across different media channel - and even more so with the rapid adoption of mobile. Leveraging data for audience and campaign measurement not only unlocks our understanding of cross-platform overlap; it can unleash insights that fuel experience design on behalf of our clients," said Amanda Richman, President, Investment & Activation, Starcom USA.
Through comScore's new measurement options brands can obtain more accurate readings of audiences across platforms; this, in turn, should help to better scale cross-platform campaign reports. In addition:
• Brands can receive detailed consumption reports across media properties
• Receive better geographic reporting
• Improve campaign analysis to increase overall campaign ROI
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...