News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Android generates more mobile game ad impressions than iOS
Games are the most popular mobile app on Millennial Media's network and, as such, the company has released a special report revealing the top game types and devices being used to play.
The latest Mobile Mix report from Millennial Media focuses on mobile games. This app category drives more ad impressions on the company's mobile ad network than any other.
The Mobile Mix report provides specific data on what types of games people are playing on their devices. Throughout Q3 2012, 'Games' was the top app category on Millennial Media's platform followed by 'Music and Entertainment' and 'Communications'. In fact, gaming has been the top category for over a year.
Android devices accounted for 64% of the company's game impressions during Q3 2012 compared with just 30% for iOS. Almost three-quarters of impressions came from smartphones (74%). However, despite the adoption of other connected devices such as iPads and Kindle Fire, just 23% came from this category of user.
Arcade-style games were the most popular (30%) followed by word games (26%) and puzzles (26%).
So, what types of people are engaging with mobile games? According to Millennial Media's blog post on the topic, "the consumers engaging with ads in mobile games are incredibly diverse. The top performing audiences inside mobile gaming apps ranged from Movie Buffs to Fashionistas, and in turn, we saw a wide range of different verticals advertising in gaming apps to reach these audiences."
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...