News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Android generates more mobile game ad impressions than iOS
Games are the most popular mobile app on Millennial Media's network and, as such, the company has released a special report revealing the top game types and devices being used to play.
The latest Mobile Mix report from Millennial Media focuses on mobile games. This app category drives more ad impressions on the company's mobile ad network than any other.
The Mobile Mix report provides specific data on what types of games people are playing on their devices. Throughout Q3 2012, 'Games' was the top app category on Millennial Media's platform followed by 'Music and Entertainment' and 'Communications'. In fact, gaming has been the top category for over a year.
Android devices accounted for 64% of the company's game impressions during Q3 2012 compared with just 30% for iOS. Almost three-quarters of impressions came from smartphones (74%). However, despite the adoption of other connected devices such as iPads and Kindle Fire, just 23% came from this category of user.
Arcade-style games were the most popular (30%) followed by word games (26%) and puzzles (26%).
So, what types of people are engaging with mobile games? According to Millennial Media's blog post on the topic, "the consumers engaging with ads in mobile games are incredibly diverse. The top performing audiences inside mobile gaming apps ranged from Movie Buffs to Fashionistas, and in turn, we saw a wide range of different verticals advertising in gaming apps to reach these audiences."
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...