News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Android generates more mobile game ad impressions than iOS
Games are the most popular mobile app on Millennial Media's network and, as such, the company has released a special report revealing the top game types and devices being used to play.
The latest Mobile Mix report from Millennial Media focuses on mobile games. This app category drives more ad impressions on the company's mobile ad network than any other.
The Mobile Mix report provides specific data on what types of games people are playing on their devices. Throughout Q3 2012, 'Games' was the top app category on Millennial Media's platform followed by 'Music and Entertainment' and 'Communications'. In fact, gaming has been the top category for over a year.
Android devices accounted for 64% of the company's game impressions during Q3 2012 compared with just 30% for iOS. Almost three-quarters of impressions came from smartphones (74%). However, despite the adoption of other connected devices such as iPads and Kindle Fire, just 23% came from this category of user.
Arcade-style games were the most popular (30%) followed by word games (26%) and puzzles (26%).
So, what types of people are engaging with mobile games? According to Millennial Media's blog post on the topic, "the consumers engaging with ads in mobile games are incredibly diverse. The top performing audiences inside mobile gaming apps ranged from Movie Buffs to Fashionistas, and in turn, we saw a wide range of different verticals advertising in gaming apps to reach these audiences."
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
- Top tips for a better 2016 IT strategy
- Click-and-collect drives additional in-store sales
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...