News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Android generates more mobile game ad impressions than iOS
Games are the most popular mobile app on Millennial Media's network and, as such, the company has released a special report revealing the top game types and devices being used to play.
The latest Mobile Mix report from Millennial Media focuses on mobile games. This app category drives more ad impressions on the company's mobile ad network than any other.
The Mobile Mix report provides specific data on what types of games people are playing on their devices. Throughout Q3 2012, 'Games' was the top app category on Millennial Media's platform followed by 'Music and Entertainment' and 'Communications'. In fact, gaming has been the top category for over a year.
Android devices accounted for 64% of the company's game impressions during Q3 2012 compared with just 30% for iOS. Almost three-quarters of impressions came from smartphones (74%). However, despite the adoption of other connected devices such as iPads and Kindle Fire, just 23% came from this category of user.
Arcade-style games were the most popular (30%) followed by word games (26%) and puzzles (26%).
So, what types of people are engaging with mobile games? According to Millennial Media's blog post on the topic, "the consumers engaging with ads in mobile games are incredibly diverse. The top performing audiences inside mobile gaming apps ranged from Movie Buffs to Fashionistas, and in turn, we saw a wide range of different verticals advertising in gaming apps to reach these audiences."
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...