News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdChoices logo comes to Facebook
In response to pressure from the ad industry, Facebook will soon introduce the Digital Advertising Alliance's "AdChoices" logo to ads served through Facebook Exchange.
Because the social network's real-time bidding platform can serve ads based on third-party cookies instead of Facebook's own data, some within the ad industry have asked that those ads be accompanied by the "AdChoices" logo.
The logo identifies an ad as being served as a result of data collected not on Facebook, but from a user's Internet browsing activity.
"We have always given our users the ability to provide feedback on and control the ads they see on Facebook, by hiding, reporting, or clicking through to learn more about why particular ads are being served," Brian Boland, Facebook's director of product marketing, told AdAge. "Giving advertisers the ability to implement the AdChoices icon provides another option; another mechanism of control."
However, the AdChoices logo isn't easily found within an ad, unlike their obvious placement in banner ads, so let's hope there's some user education surrounding this move. In fact, unless a user positions their mouse over the ad, then again hovers over a grey x that will appear in the corner of the ad, they won't see the logo.
Don't worry if you have yet to spot an AdChoices logo on Facebook. It won't begin appearing on Facebook Exchange ads until the end of the first quarter.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...