News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdChoices logo comes to Facebook
In response to pressure from the ad industry, Facebook will soon introduce the Digital Advertising Alliance's "AdChoices" logo to ads served through Facebook Exchange.
Because the social network's real-time bidding platform can serve ads based on third-party cookies instead of Facebook's own data, some within the ad industry have asked that those ads be accompanied by the "AdChoices" logo.
The logo identifies an ad as being served as a result of data collected not on Facebook, but from a user's Internet browsing activity.
"We have always given our users the ability to provide feedback on and control the ads they see on Facebook, by hiding, reporting, or clicking through to learn more about why particular ads are being served," Brian Boland, Facebook's director of product marketing, told AdAge. "Giving advertisers the ability to implement the AdChoices icon provides another option; another mechanism of control."
However, the AdChoices logo isn't easily found within an ad, unlike their obvious placement in banner ads, so let's hope there's some user education surrounding this move. In fact, unless a user positions their mouse over the ad, then again hovers over a grey x that will appear in the corner of the ad, they won't see the logo.
Don't worry if you have yet to spot an AdChoices logo on Facebook. It won't begin appearing on Facebook Exchange ads until the end of the first quarter.
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....