News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdChoices logo comes to Facebook
In response to pressure from the ad industry, Facebook will soon introduce the Digital Advertising Alliance's "AdChoices" logo to ads served through Facebook Exchange.
Because the social network's real-time bidding platform can serve ads based on third-party cookies instead of Facebook's own data, some within the ad industry have asked that those ads be accompanied by the "AdChoices" logo.
The logo identifies an ad as being served as a result of data collected not on Facebook, but from a user's Internet browsing activity.
"We have always given our users the ability to provide feedback on and control the ads they see on Facebook, by hiding, reporting, or clicking through to learn more about why particular ads are being served," Brian Boland, Facebook's director of product marketing, told AdAge. "Giving advertisers the ability to implement the AdChoices icon provides another option; another mechanism of control."
However, the AdChoices logo isn't easily found within an ad, unlike their obvious placement in banner ads, so let's hope there's some user education surrounding this move. In fact, unless a user positions their mouse over the ad, then again hovers over a grey x that will appear in the corner of the ad, they won't see the logo.
Don't worry if you have yet to spot an AdChoices logo on Facebook. It won't begin appearing on Facebook Exchange ads until the end of the first quarter.
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...