News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdChoices logo comes to Facebook
In response to pressure from the ad industry, Facebook will soon introduce the Digital Advertising Alliance's "AdChoices" logo to ads served through Facebook Exchange.
Because the social network's real-time bidding platform can serve ads based on third-party cookies instead of Facebook's own data, some within the ad industry have asked that those ads be accompanied by the "AdChoices" logo.
The logo identifies an ad as being served as a result of data collected not on Facebook, but from a user's Internet browsing activity.
"We have always given our users the ability to provide feedback on and control the ads they see on Facebook, by hiding, reporting, or clicking through to learn more about why particular ads are being served," Brian Boland, Facebook's director of product marketing, told AdAge. "Giving advertisers the ability to implement the AdChoices icon provides another option; another mechanism of control."
However, the AdChoices logo isn't easily found within an ad, unlike their obvious placement in banner ads, so let's hope there's some user education surrounding this move. In fact, unless a user positions their mouse over the ad, then again hovers over a grey x that will appear in the corner of the ad, they won't see the logo.
Don't worry if you have yet to spot an AdChoices logo on Facebook. It won't begin appearing on Facebook Exchange ads until the end of the first quarter.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...