News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
80% of Americans support U.S. Postal Service mail delivery cut
A broad majority of Americans agree with the U.S. Postal Service's decision to cut Saturday delivery of first-class and other mail, according to a survey commissioned by the Service and conducted by Ipsos.
Snail mail was down 5% in 2012 from 2011 and, according to postmaster general Patrick Donahoe, the U.S. Postal Service lost $15.9 billion last year. That's 3X the $5.1 billion loss reported in 2011.
Eighty percent of the 1,022 Americans surveyed by Ipsos for the U.S. Postal Service say that, rather than be a tax burden, they support U.S. Postal Service's decision to cut Saturday deliveries.
Support was equally as strong among Americans in urban, suburban and rural areas and, for over two-thirds, the expectation that it would impact them personally was "not very much" (46%) or "not at all" (22%).
"Market research conducted over the last several years by the Postal Service and numerous news outlets consistently showed 70% of Americans supported the move to a five day delivery schedule," says Toni DeLancey, senior manager of public relations and the U.S. Postal Service. "With our new plan to maintain six-day package delivery, we expected higher support, which is reflected in this new survey."
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...