News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
46% of marketers 'occasionally' gain insight from company analytics data
MarketingSherpa's first ever Marketing Analytics Benchmark Report has just been released. Packed with insights from marketers in over 1,100 companies, the report outlines what marketers are doing right in their use of marketing analytics and where there's room for improvement.
A significant finding from the report is that just 37% of marketers routinely gain insight from in-house marketing analytics. The majority (46%) only occasionally gain insight while 6% rarely do so, 9% lack the tools, and 2% don't have access to analytics data.
Of those that don't use marketing analytics to make marketing decisions, 42% rely on gut instinct.
Familiar factors are cited as being the biggest barriers to effective analytics use; 21% of participants said lack of resources and 20% said a lack of time. Other factors include a lack of experience or understanding (17%), and budget limitations (15%).
"We find analytics extremely useful, but I don't think upper-management attaches as much monetary value to it as it should have because of their lack of understanding," says participant Matt Seitz, Marketing Manager, ERC.
Other key findings from the report include:
- 25% of companies have significant data on most client interactions and 14% have "vast quantities"; 40% have an average amount of data;
- Generating reports is the most common analytics platform use (48%) whereas 27% use it for gaining deeper insights;
- The most common metrics routinely tracked are open rates (78%), click-through rates (73%), and unsubscribe rates (65%).
According to the report, "It's no longer enough to just use traditional clickstream analytics. Simply measuring page-views and path analysis doesn't lead to action."
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Is Black Friday a 'false economy' for retailers?
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...