News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
46% of marketers 'occasionally' gain insight from company analytics data
MarketingSherpa's first ever Marketing Analytics Benchmark Report has just been released. Packed with insights from marketers in over 1,100 companies, the report outlines what marketers are doing right in their use of marketing analytics and where there's room for improvement.
A significant finding from the report is that just 37% of marketers routinely gain insight from in-house marketing analytics. The majority (46%) only occasionally gain insight while 6% rarely do so, 9% lack the tools, and 2% don't have access to analytics data.
Of those that don't use marketing analytics to make marketing decisions, 42% rely on gut instinct.
Familiar factors are cited as being the biggest barriers to effective analytics use; 21% of participants said lack of resources and 20% said a lack of time. Other factors include a lack of experience or understanding (17%), and budget limitations (15%).
"We find analytics extremely useful, but I don't think upper-management attaches as much monetary value to it as it should have because of their lack of understanding," says participant Matt Seitz, Marketing Manager, ERC.
Other key findings from the report include:
- 25% of companies have significant data on most client interactions and 14% have "vast quantities"; 40% have an average amount of data;
- Generating reports is the most common analytics platform use (48%) whereas 27% use it for gaining deeper insights;
- The most common metrics routinely tracked are open rates (78%), click-through rates (73%), and unsubscribe rates (65%).
According to the report, "It's no longer enough to just use traditional clickstream analytics. Simply measuring page-views and path analysis doesn't lead to action."
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...