News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
35% of brand newsrooms are neglected
More than a third of brands don't keep their online newsrooms up to date, according to new research from social media news ands PR platform Mynewsdesk.
In their survey of 100 global brands, Mynewsdesk found that 35% display out of date information in their online newsrooms. The type of information being left to stagnate includes annual reports, staff bios and product listings.
Furthermore, many are sticking to traditional press releases and 70% fail to provide additional information in the form of video, infographics or other multi-media content that bloggers and online influencers can use.
Only 51% of newsrooms surveyed provided video content and 40% had no image library. Disappointingly, half of all brands that did offer video and images did not provide them in a format or at a level of quality needed for publications.
"A newsroom is often the first port of call for influencers looking to find out information about your company," says Mynewsdesk CEO, Peter Ingman. "In the digitally connected world in which we now live, a newsroom needs to be much more than just a repository for press releases. Stocking a newsroom with value added content - from blog posts and opinion pieces to images and video - will help you tell your brand story in a more engaging and effective way."
Other findings from the survey include:
- 21% of brands used newsrooms to provide additional content such as related news, advice and blog links;
- 26% fail to provide contact details in the newsroom;
- 45% fail to provide contact details within a press release;
- 70% do not offer an email alert service;
- 39% of newsrooms have no search option.
To formulate a newsroom that journalists and those seeking information on your brand or company will find useful, check out an article I wrote last year, "Ten Tips to Build an Online Newsroom Journalists with Love".
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...