News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
35% of brand newsrooms are neglected
More than a third of brands don't keep their online newsrooms up to date, according to new research from social media news ands PR platform Mynewsdesk.
In their survey of 100 global brands, Mynewsdesk found that 35% display out of date information in their online newsrooms. The type of information being left to stagnate includes annual reports, staff bios and product listings.
Furthermore, many are sticking to traditional press releases and 70% fail to provide additional information in the form of video, infographics or other multi-media content that bloggers and online influencers can use.
Only 51% of newsrooms surveyed provided video content and 40% had no image library. Disappointingly, half of all brands that did offer video and images did not provide them in a format or at a level of quality needed for publications.
"A newsroom is often the first port of call for influencers looking to find out information about your company," says Mynewsdesk CEO, Peter Ingman. "In the digitally connected world in which we now live, a newsroom needs to be much more than just a repository for press releases. Stocking a newsroom with value added content - from blog posts and opinion pieces to images and video - will help you tell your brand story in a more engaging and effective way."
Other findings from the survey include:
- 21% of brands used newsrooms to provide additional content such as related news, advice and blog links;
- 26% fail to provide contact details in the newsroom;
- 45% fail to provide contact details within a press release;
- 70% do not offer an email alert service;
- 39% of newsrooms have no search option.
To formulate a newsroom that journalists and those seeking information on your brand or company will find useful, check out an article I wrote last year, "Ten Tips to Build an Online Newsroom Journalists with Love".
- The differences between American, European ads and why they matter
- Study: Online video pushing hungry people to burger chains
- Google's HTTPS ranking signal has little to no effect
- 'Huge landmark' as ecommerce mobile traffic overtakes desktop
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...