News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
35% of brand newsrooms are neglected
More than a third of brands don't keep their online newsrooms up to date, according to new research from social media news ands PR platform Mynewsdesk.
In their survey of 100 global brands, Mynewsdesk found that 35% display out of date information in their online newsrooms. The type of information being left to stagnate includes annual reports, staff bios and product listings.
Furthermore, many are sticking to traditional press releases and 70% fail to provide additional information in the form of video, infographics or other multi-media content that bloggers and online influencers can use.
Only 51% of newsrooms surveyed provided video content and 40% had no image library. Disappointingly, half of all brands that did offer video and images did not provide them in a format or at a level of quality needed for publications.
"A newsroom is often the first port of call for influencers looking to find out information about your company," says Mynewsdesk CEO, Peter Ingman. "In the digitally connected world in which we now live, a newsroom needs to be much more than just a repository for press releases. Stocking a newsroom with value added content - from blog posts and opinion pieces to images and video - will help you tell your brand story in a more engaging and effective way."
Other findings from the survey include:
- 21% of brands used newsrooms to provide additional content such as related news, advice and blog links;
- 26% fail to provide contact details in the newsroom;
- 45% fail to provide contact details within a press release;
- 70% do not offer an email alert service;
- 39% of newsrooms have no search option.
To formulate a newsroom that journalists and those seeking information on your brand or company will find useful, check out an article I wrote last year, "Ten Tips to Build an Online Newsroom Journalists with Love".
- How Facebook, AdWords can work together
- Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
- Survey: Bitcoin making more waves
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...