News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
140 Proof launches rich, social, mobile ads
A new solution in the mobile space is marrying rich media and social marketing options to give brands a more engaging mobile option. From 140 Proof, the Rich Media Ad Units are expandable social ads giving viewers rich content within a smaller mobile banner ad.
"We know that purchase intent increases significantly when customers are engaged. Combining creative and interactive rich media ads with our interest graph will enable brands to engage customers in new and finely-targeted ways," said Jon Elvekrog, CEO of 140 Proof.
The ad units are expandable and include full-screen takeover options for content including video and even maps. Ads are targeted based on users social interests, which should lift both engagement and interest levels. The ads will run at the top of 140 Proof's social stream network of online, smartphone and tablet websites as well as apps connected to social networks like Twitter and Facebook.
For December 2012, comScore reports nearly 126 million US consumers owned smartphones; that is a 54% market penetration. More than one-third of those smartphone consumers (39.2%) are accessing social networks from their phones either through apps or direct browser navigation.
According to 140 Proof, their data base is growing by about 2 billion data points each dat. The platform is an interest graph which marries available online social data points - like 'Likes' or 'Follows' with online connections between consumers, brands, products and social influencers. The platform measures those interest bases and interactions to deliver more relevant social ads.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...