News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.S. Congress embraces Twitter - 100% of Senate members signed up
News from Twitter reveals that all U.S. Senate members can now be Followed on Twitter, a significant rise from two years ago.
Earlier this month, the Digital Policy Council revealed that the world's leaders were taking to Twitter. Of the world's 164 country leaders 123, or 75% of the total, now have accounts on Twitter, set up either in their own name or via an official government office.
"The data we have been tracking for the last three years shows an amazing 93% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in adoption of Twitter by Heads of State," concludes the Digital Policy Council's report.
New figures from Twitter reveal that the U.S. Congress is also embracing the micro-blogging platform. In fact, 100% of U.S. Senate members, and 90% of U.S. House members, now have a Twitter account.
According to Twitter's stats, 29 states have their whole Senate and House delegations signed up. However, participation levels drop off in the mid-west and southern states.
Back in 2011, just 44% of the Senate and 38% of the House had active Twitter accounts.
Just over a week ago, the First Lady, Michelle Obama, joined Twitter with a second account @FLOTUS.
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...