News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.S. Congress embraces Twitter - 100% of Senate members signed up
News from Twitter reveals that all U.S. Senate members can now be Followed on Twitter, a significant rise from two years ago.
Earlier this month, the Digital Policy Council revealed that the world's leaders were taking to Twitter. Of the world's 164 country leaders 123, or 75% of the total, now have accounts on Twitter, set up either in their own name or via an official government office.
"The data we have been tracking for the last three years shows an amazing 93% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in adoption of Twitter by Heads of State," concludes the Digital Policy Council's report.
New figures from Twitter reveal that the U.S. Congress is also embracing the micro-blogging platform. In fact, 100% of U.S. Senate members, and 90% of U.S. House members, now have a Twitter account.
According to Twitter's stats, 29 states have their whole Senate and House delegations signed up. However, participation levels drop off in the mid-west and southern states.
Back in 2011, just 44% of the Senate and 38% of the House had active Twitter accounts.
Just over a week ago, the First Lady, Michelle Obama, joined Twitter with a second account @FLOTUS.
- Google adds business foot-traffic data to search
- 15% of Americans do not use the Internet
- By 2020, wearables will account for one-fifth of mobile transactions
- Brands: How to use programmatic TV buys to your advantage
- Top 3 tips that will help you use location more accurately
- Expert: How brands can ensure both worker mobility and business security
- Number of Mobile Addicts up 59% YoY
- Massive mobile ad fraud uncovered
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...