News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.S. Congress embraces Twitter - 100% of Senate members signed up
News from Twitter reveals that all U.S. Senate members can now be Followed on Twitter, a significant rise from two years ago.
Earlier this month, the Digital Policy Council revealed that the world's leaders were taking to Twitter. Of the world's 164 country leaders 123, or 75% of the total, now have accounts on Twitter, set up either in their own name or via an official government office.
"The data we have been tracking for the last three years shows an amazing 93% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in adoption of Twitter by Heads of State," concludes the Digital Policy Council's report.
New figures from Twitter reveal that the U.S. Congress is also embracing the micro-blogging platform. In fact, 100% of U.S. Senate members, and 90% of U.S. House members, now have a Twitter account.
According to Twitter's stats, 29 states have their whole Senate and House delegations signed up. However, participation levels drop off in the mid-west and southern states.
Back in 2011, just 44% of the Senate and 38% of the House had active Twitter accounts.
Just over a week ago, the First Lady, Michelle Obama, joined Twitter with a second account @FLOTUS.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...