News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.S. Congress embraces Twitter - 100% of Senate members signed up
News from Twitter reveals that all U.S. Senate members can now be Followed on Twitter, a significant rise from two years ago.
Earlier this month, the Digital Policy Council revealed that the world's leaders were taking to Twitter. Of the world's 164 country leaders 123, or 75% of the total, now have accounts on Twitter, set up either in their own name or via an official government office.
"The data we have been tracking for the last three years shows an amazing 93% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in adoption of Twitter by Heads of State," concludes the Digital Policy Council's report.
New figures from Twitter reveal that the U.S. Congress is also embracing the micro-blogging platform. In fact, 100% of U.S. Senate members, and 90% of U.S. House members, now have a Twitter account.
According to Twitter's stats, 29 states have their whole Senate and House delegations signed up. However, participation levels drop off in the mid-west and southern states.
Back in 2011, just 44% of the Senate and 38% of the House had active Twitter accounts.
Just over a week ago, the First Lady, Michelle Obama, joined Twitter with a second account @FLOTUS.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...