News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 4 tips for creating a defensible deletion strategy
With more and more information being collected online, some businesses find themselves drowning in paper and digital files. Defensible deletion is a growing trend which can help a brand defend itself if litigation should occur. The key is to have a strategy in place; here are eDJ Groups top tips:
The eDJ Group is an online hub set up to help businesses perform better online; the company offers consulting and analyst services for the digital space. Researchers from the company recently polled brands to determine if they were prepared to defend themselves if questions ever arose about the data they had collected - and then deleted. Their findings were that most company knew of or planned to implement defensible deletion strategies, but that many brands remain unprepared. The following are their top four tips for creating a defensible deletion strategy.
Other interesting findings include:
• 76% of respondents report their retention polices include physical and digital information
• 16% don't know if policies include physical and digital data
• 64% report they have a system in place to enforce retention schedules
First,have a documented legal hold process for critical systems and ensure that the proper personnel are in charge of deletion. Implement quality control measures to ensure any non-compliant areas are brought up to speed and utilize technology that automates the hold process.
Second, use multiple measures to begin projects. Employ mechanisms that actively update fields.
Third, prioritize information that is to be deleted and make that priority system consistent. Use clear instruction documents explaining hold processes and exceptions to the rules.
Fourth, offer 'centralized ownership' of defensible deletion projects.
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....