News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 4 tips for creating a defensible deletion strategy
With more and more information being collected online, some businesses find themselves drowning in paper and digital files. Defensible deletion is a growing trend which can help a brand defend itself if litigation should occur. The key is to have a strategy in place; here are eDJ Groups top tips:
The eDJ Group is an online hub set up to help businesses perform better online; the company offers consulting and analyst services for the digital space. Researchers from the company recently polled brands to determine if they were prepared to defend themselves if questions ever arose about the data they had collected - and then deleted. Their findings were that most company knew of or planned to implement defensible deletion strategies, but that many brands remain unprepared. The following are their top four tips for creating a defensible deletion strategy.
Other interesting findings include:
• 76% of respondents report their retention polices include physical and digital information
• 16% don't know if policies include physical and digital data
• 64% report they have a system in place to enforce retention schedules
First,have a documented legal hold process for critical systems and ensure that the proper personnel are in charge of deletion. Implement quality control measures to ensure any non-compliant areas are brought up to speed and utilize technology that automates the hold process.
Second, use multiple measures to begin projects. Employ mechanisms that actively update fields.
Third, prioritize information that is to be deleted and make that priority system consistent. Use clear instruction documents explaining hold processes and exceptions to the rules.
Fourth, offer 'centralized ownership' of defensible deletion projects.
- Report: Email, mobile key to retail success
- Expert: Data key for financial campaigns
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...