News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 4 tips for creating a defensible deletion strategy
With more and more information being collected online, some businesses find themselves drowning in paper and digital files. Defensible deletion is a growing trend which can help a brand defend itself if litigation should occur. The key is to have a strategy in place; here are eDJ Groups top tips:
The eDJ Group is an online hub set up to help businesses perform better online; the company offers consulting and analyst services for the digital space. Researchers from the company recently polled brands to determine if they were prepared to defend themselves if questions ever arose about the data they had collected - and then deleted. Their findings were that most company knew of or planned to implement defensible deletion strategies, but that many brands remain unprepared. The following are their top four tips for creating a defensible deletion strategy.
Other interesting findings include:
• 76% of respondents report their retention polices include physical and digital information
• 16% don't know if policies include physical and digital data
• 64% report they have a system in place to enforce retention schedules
First,have a documented legal hold process for critical systems and ensure that the proper personnel are in charge of deletion. Implement quality control measures to ensure any non-compliant areas are brought up to speed and utilize technology that automates the hold process.
Second, use multiple measures to begin projects. Employ mechanisms that actively update fields.
Third, prioritize information that is to be deleted and make that priority system consistent. Use clear instruction documents explaining hold processes and exceptions to the rules.
Fourth, offer 'centralized ownership' of defensible deletion projects.
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...