News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 4 tips for creating a defensible deletion strategy
With more and more information being collected online, some businesses find themselves drowning in paper and digital files. Defensible deletion is a growing trend which can help a brand defend itself if litigation should occur. The key is to have a strategy in place; here are eDJ Groups top tips:
The eDJ Group is an online hub set up to help businesses perform better online; the company offers consulting and analyst services for the digital space. Researchers from the company recently polled brands to determine if they were prepared to defend themselves if questions ever arose about the data they had collected - and then deleted. Their findings were that most company knew of or planned to implement defensible deletion strategies, but that many brands remain unprepared. The following are their top four tips for creating a defensible deletion strategy.
Other interesting findings include:
• 76% of respondents report their retention polices include physical and digital information
• 16% don't know if policies include physical and digital data
• 64% report they have a system in place to enforce retention schedules
First,have a documented legal hold process for critical systems and ensure that the proper personnel are in charge of deletion. Implement quality control measures to ensure any non-compliant areas are brought up to speed and utilize technology that automates the hold process.
Second, use multiple measures to begin projects. Employ mechanisms that actively update fields.
Third, prioritize information that is to be deleted and make that priority system consistent. Use clear instruction documents explaining hold processes and exceptions to the rules.
Fourth, offer 'centralized ownership' of defensible deletion projects.
- How Facebook, AdWords can work together
- Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
- Survey: Bitcoin making more waves
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...